“A complete novice made to feel like a champion”
Review of Sitjemam Muay Thai

Sitjemam Muay Thai
Ranked #20 of 35 things to do in Pai
More attraction details
Owner description: Sitjemam MT, formerly known as Sor. Wisarut Muay Thai camp, is part of prestigious Muay Farang project for Northern Thailand and offers high quality muay thai training in the stunning landscape of Pai valley, in the village of Na Jalong(close to Pai airport, a mere 5 mins from Pai walking street). All levels accepted, from beginners to experienced fighters. Resident fight team with both local and international athletes ranging from 11 to 32 years old, who with the visitor trainees can work back to back. Private lessons/personal training also available on site.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“A complete novice made to feel like a champion”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

On Friday morning I had a great introductory 1:1 session with Em. It was so much fun - exactly what I was looking for.

I knew nothing about Muay Thai - 0%. It really was starting from scratch. But what I left with was an understanding of the main moves and a great workout. Despite my tired legs (well calves to be precise), I was on a high all day.

I was proud of myself for pushing my comfort zone and having a go at something completely foreign to me.

But that was made much, much, much easier by choosing these guys... they made me super welcome from the first moment they picked me up until they dropped me off.

Just do it... go on...! :)
If you are reading this review you already know you want to do it... it is just trying to decide which gym to go to.

So stop researching, email Mam and she'll be able to organise a 1:1 session with Em, one of the best Muay Thai instructors in the country.

You'll be in good hands - just do it! :)

2 Thank Mateus C

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing experience.”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I joined the gym for 2 weeks (2 times a day, 6 days a week) in December and it was great. The training is suited for all types of experience and fitness level. The trainers (Em, Tree, Mam, Mr Wisarut) are really experienced and spend a lot of time and effort training you.
The gym is situated between rice paddy fields so provides a nice walk back after a hard days training. If you are thinking of training Muay Thai, you should definitely join this one, they keep numbers down so that you get plenty of one on one time and you will get a great laugh doing it.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tony W
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beginner friendly, amazing”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I only trained here once during my stay in Pai, as I was moving on to another leg of my trip! But if I had been able to stay I would have trained here every day! The owner, Em, is such a welcoming person and the trainers were all so friendly and helpful! I'm now back home and took up Muay Thai in a local gym and I hope to go back to sor wisarut in Pai to train for a month later this year! Whether you're a beginner or advanced, you won't be disappointed with a visit to this beautiful place! Great people, great surroundings and great value! Highly recommended! Please god il be back here again soon!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank David O
Perth, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great training in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

As a beginner who is quite unfit, I have received such great training and have been building up my fitness and losing weight at the same time. Classes are demanding but exciting and fun. The experienced students are also getting great training and attention for their level and going on to fight. Lovely place overlooking rice paddies and there are no mosquitoes nipping at you while you train! Definitely recommend this, no matter your skill or fitness level.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank A J
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Felt like a member of the family + awesome personal one to one training !”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I intended to only visit once during a fleeting visit to pai. Ended up extending my stay for several days so that I could train here. Everyone is friendly and unlike other camps they care about your improvement as a fighter. Big thank you to Em, Mr Tre, and Mam!

Visited August 2013