“Great training in a beautiful setting”
Review of Sitjemam Muay Thai

Sitjemam Muay Thai
Ranked #22 of 36 things to do in Pai
More attraction details
Owner description: Sitjemam MT, formerly known as Sor. Wisarut Muay Thai camp, is part of prestigious Muay Farang project for Northern Thailand and offers high quality muay thai training in the stunning landscape of Pai valley, in the village of Na Jalong(close to Pai airport, a mere 5 mins from Pai walking street). All levels accepted, from beginners to experienced fighters. Resident fight team with both local and international athletes ranging from 11 to 32 years old, who with the visitor trainees can work back to back. Private lessons/personal training also available on site.
Perth, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great training in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

As a beginner who is quite unfit, I have received such great training and have been building up my fitness and losing weight at the same time. Classes are demanding but exciting and fun. The experienced students are also getting great training and attention for their level and going on to fight. Lovely place overlooking rice paddies and there are no mosquitoes nipping at you while you train! Definitely recommend this, no matter your skill or fitness level.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank A J

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Felt like a member of the family + awesome personal one to one training !”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I intended to only visit once during a fleeting visit to pai. Ended up extending my stay for several days so that I could train here. Everyone is friendly and unlike other camps they care about your improvement as a fighter. Big thank you to Em, Mr Tre, and Mam!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Traveller3590
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I planned on going for a day, I ended up staying for a month.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've trained at many different Muay Thai gyms in Thailand over the past few months. If the training is good I'll stay for a week, if not, I'll leave after one session. I ended up staying at Sor. Wisarut for over a month I liked it so much.
The location is just gorgeous, as the gym is on a rice paddie in Pai. More importantly, the training was top notch. Em, the owner/head trainer has found the right balance of making training a lot of fun and challenging at the same time. We'd be laughing and having fun every day at the gym but at the same time every aspect of my Muay Thai improved. From my fitness, kicking speed/power, head movement, and footwork, I just kept on getting better while I was there. The classes are smaller than other gyms so you get a lot more attention and one on one time with the trainers, and they help you identify and work on your weak points.
Em wont tell you this because he is a humble guy, but he is a very accomplished fighter in his own right. He's fought around the world, won titles and been a sparring partner for the best of the best, guys like Manny Pacquiao, Georgie Petrosyan and Andre Ward. Whether you're a beginner, a pro, or somewhere in between like me, you will be in safe hands at Wisarut. I highly recommend it.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tommy-213
Boston, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“A blast!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My experience with Sor. Wisarut from my initial emails to the actual training was a delight. THe trainers are qualified, fun and accommodating, the gym itself is beautiful out in the countryside and the training (while difficult at times) was so. much. fun. Not to mention I learned a lot. I would highly recommend doing this for an afternoon!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank ashley z
Taunton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Experience and Good quality training”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have trained at Sor Wisarut gym for close to 2 months now, unfortunatly having to stop due to broken bones from a motorcycle accident.
The gym is in a beautiful setting with views out over the rice paddies, and Em, the other trainers and students/fighters ensured that I felt as one of the gyms family.
The training itself was intense and very rewarding. Having trained Muay Thai before I feel that my Muay Thai technique and ability has improved a huge amount in the 2 months I was there.

I look forward to returning to the gym, seeing old friends and hopefully representing the gym in the ring

Visited July 2012