“They make their own rules and break them”

Pai Rapid Rangers - Day Tours
Ranked #5 of 9 Tours in Pai
More attraction details
Owner description: Trekking, Rafting, Elephant Riding, Day Tours
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“They make their own rules and break them”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went with this company for the Pai sightseeing trip because of other good reviews particularly about their guide Mam. We had a different experience. Mam arrived at 9 am as promised at our hotel and asked if it was ok if we started the tour late at 9"30 am. We said that was not ok but that did not seem to matter. She pressed on telling us that she was going to change around the tour as if our agreement was not necessary. I said I wanted the tour as per their website. The driver arrived late abd mam seemed to resent my pointing out that what had happened so far was not professional. We were also surprised when mam pased us on yo another guide as it had been implicit ib the emails we had exchanged that she would be. Most of the itinery was honored. The world war 2 bridge and the canyon were great. The rafting was exceptional though mam made quite a profit on what it would have cost us to pay for this option directly.most disappointingly we did not get to see the sunset from the temple on the hill as our driver said it was not included. We had some argument about this but in the end decided to part company with this dodgy operator early. We also got our money back from the mineral pools they took us too because Gwen objected to swimming in mould.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Gavan Y

Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Will not forgive...”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The rafting was good. Not excellent, not great, good. The drive to the starting point (1h) and back(2.5h) were ridiculously long, the first half of the rafting the boring, and the 2nd half was a two hour long series of 2-2.5 grade rapids. No more, no less. Nothing special.
The Thai crew, as in most cases in Northern Thailand, was the highlight!
So what's the problem? Well, there is one, A BIG ONE as far as I am concerned. On the way to, we were driven in a nice safe tourist van, as in most cases in northern Thailand. The van, we were told, would also meet us for the 2.5h way back. Well, not. On the way back though, without any warning or explanation, the van was canceled. I FOUND MYSELF AND MY WIFE WITH A 6 YEAR OLD AND AN 11 YEAR OLD IN THE BACK OF AN OPEN DELIVERY TRUCK, USED FOR DELIVERING THE RAFTS, GOING 50-60MPH IN THE PERHAPS SCARIEST ROAD I HAVE SEEN. This was a choice made for me, with absolutely no forewarning. I can say with 100% certainty I would have given up the trip were I to know in advance of this insane trip.
This is, dear Mr. Guy (the owner of the business), very poor show. No, in fact, completely unforgivable. You should have shown up there in your private car. You should have not endanger my family like that. You should have, at the very least, very very least, shown up in the end and explain. I really truly believe you do not deserve even one more client for what you have done. Shame on you!

Visited September 2012
8 Thank JJ B
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great Trek and service”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We are happy that we found Mam !!!
She helped us to plan our activities in Pai.
Gave us recommendation and booked us to Karen Elephant camp, Charlie&Lek cooking course and a jungle trek that ends in a waterfall were we could safely slide from 3 meter high (FUN !!!).
Our family (5 persons) enjoyed all activities. We had half day trek as we were with 7 yrs old child. It was just the difficulty level that suit our family.
The service we got from Mam and the trek were great and we recommend to use her help and support for activities in Pai and her guide in a trek,
We will return here !!!

Visited September 2012
Pai, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best trekking experience”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Me and my girlfriend went on a 2 day trekking with Mam(guide and owner of the trekking agency in front of the District Court).
Just a brilliant experience we shared with a french family, Mam explained us everything about the forest , taught us survival techniques, and shown us how to cook using bamboo stems and even let me use the machete!!!
I would recommend her also coz she is great with kids.
Once back in town she shown us the best spots and that we had dinner with her and her boyfriend.
The day after we went with her company(Thai adventure rafting) on a 2 days rafting...best thrill we v had in Thailand!!!
Shame we planned only 4 days in Pai and we had to head back to Chiang Mai...but we will be back!!!

Visited June 2012