“Would have been nice, but....”
Review of In Pai Resort

In Pai Resort
In Pai Resort
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Pai
Berlin, Germany
“Would have been nice, but....”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at the In Pai Resort for 5 nights as a part of a wonderful Yoga Retreat. It is clean, quiet (as very far out of town) and has stunning views of the mountains. However, the one thing that made it a stay that I will not forget is a very negative one. The owner of the hotel has a big, friendly and very sweet white dog, (it must be a year or so old) and this dog is in a very very small cage in the parking lot of the hotel. Not once during the entire duration of the stay was this dog taken out (it can walk about 3 steps and sit in the cage) to go for a walk, not once was the water (which is in a big flower pot type thing) replenished by the staff. It is heartbreaking and infuriating to see. On numerous occasions I asked the man at the reception to take the dog out, and all he did was laugh, carry on smoking his cigarette and playing with his phone. When I asked if the dog ever comes out of the cage he said no, it did not, only when the owner of the hotel was there, sometimes. I don't want to put down the guy at the reception, he was perfectly lovely in other respects. However, if you are twiddling your thumbs all day (there were fifteen guests staying at the hotel at the time, and all of us were at the yoga retreat from 7:00 to 21:00-so it's not like the staff of the In Pai Resort was taking care of guests all day) the I feel it shouldn't be too much trouble to take the dog for a walk so it can stretch its legs. I hope this review reaches the owner of the In Pai Resort. I would like to say that I cannot recommend a hotel in which the staff and owner so blatantly display cruelty and indifference to animals. Please build this poor creature a dog run, you have enough space on your property. I am not the only guest who was very disturbed by this display of indifference.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank drtrekker_13
InPaiRes0rt, เจ้าของธุรกิจ at In Pai Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you very much drtrekker for your value comment. I am owner of In Pai Resort. Let me explain about my dog. His name is MuMu, white young dog (1 yr). He is a child, like to play and jump to everyone and everytime, that 's why he was in his cage. Because not everyone like dog, someone allergy dog hair, someone fear. He got free run when you went to yoga class and keep in cage before you come back to resort. I afraid that he can disturb you. You can trust me that I want my dog free run. I love my dog very much. Now I chain my dog with long chain, he was not in cage. Thank you very much for your comment.

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed in this place for 5 nights. It is not too close to town, you would have to drive there but if you want to relax and unwind with a great view then this is a great place. The family that run it are very sweet and really helpful. The bungalow I stayed in was clean and had space, nice balcony also to sit and watch the mountain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo