“Pleasant night's stay”
Review of Pai River Villa

Pai River Villa
Ranked #74 of 181 Specialty Lodging in Pai
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I spent one night here with friends, on an overnight trip to Pai from our residences in Chiang Mai. This was my first experience of Pai, and this hotel was in a very good location to afford us access to the central part of the tourist area. Right on the river, the bungalows are spacious, with large bathrooms, and comfortable beds. The wide verandas afford nice views of the river. There are two types of bungalows; air conditioned, and fan only. I had an air conditioned room, and my sole complaint was that the a/c kept the room a comfortable temperature...barely. The staff was very polite, the service good, and the included breakfast satisfying. For the price, I would highly recommend this facility, and I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Pai River Villa

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Sunset Bar across the river blares music right into your room. Our hut, D1, has paper thin walls so it is like you are right inside the bar. In addition to the musical annoyance from the bar, the hotel hosted a party right outside our room. A lot of chatter, BBQ smoke, cigarette smoke, banging and whatnot made for a very poor stay for these travellers. Air conditioning is weak. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Pick one as far away from the parking lot and reception. They don't read internet bookings well...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Spacious well appointed rooms,huge bathroom. Nice veranda with mountain and river views you call also enjoy the moon over the mountains and the winter sun to warm you up during the day. Only five min walk from town. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room on the veranda
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel has a great location next to the river and just 5 minutes' walk to the center of things. I enjoyed my stay there. The proper bungalows are in the front and a little to the side facing the river. I walked around the property, and decided I would not have liked staying in the smaller bungalows in the rear of the property -- too dark. Staff is pleasant and accommodating. Breakfast is adequate, but not a lot of variety. The wi-fi worked well in my bungalow. If I have any criticism, it is the bathroom. It needed a serious makeover. Everything worked -- plenty of hot water and other plumbing fixtures were fine, it's just very dark because there's a wall mural on all walls done in very dark colors. Lighting in the bathroom could also used some upgrading. There's a large window in the bath, but has nothing but louvered shutters covering it. Mosquitos can get through the louvers. In the great sheme of things, this is no biggie, but without much work could be a big improvement on the entire room package.

Room Tip: A bungalow facing the river is a must.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Great villas that offer nice view and relaxation on own veranda. Good bed and bathroom, and Internet is good for Facetimeing. Parking space available in front of villa. Tip, book villa first in row of the river, there are also villas more in the back, we had villa #4 on the corner which was great. Breakfast is a bit lousy though but you can go for a good meal to the centre of the village, ample opportunities.

We loved our 2 night stay!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matthijs L
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed in Pai river villa for 2weeks (we extended our stay) our fan room was small but comfortable. We paid 380baht for the room with agoda. Staff were friendly although housekeeping only cleaned our room once and we had to keep asking for towels, breakfast was poor however overall we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The first morning I was there I viewed a hut fan room for 300baht,.. I made sure to open my laptop and ensure the internet was adequate, and it was with many strong wifi signals there. Youtube videos buffered a little bit but it did work in my room. The night I came back I had a strong signal, but there was no Internet. I finally went to talk to reception at noon and they said the internet went out, but they fixed it. Another guest was complaining that it ruined her night that she had planned on Skype to talk to friends back home. It did not.. long story short, I had to talk to them 3 times and they finally got it working, but it was lousy. She kept insisting that she never said there was 'wifi in the room' and I never said she did, I was just telling her that when I paid for 2 nights, this was not the condition the room was given to me in because the internet worked when I paid.

Another problem was when the lady came to clean, she did not knock, she just used her key to open my door.. I yelled hello? but she just kept coming in and saw me on the toilet. is she deaf? If you stay here, make sure you use the interior locking latch, becuase they do not knock, they just unlock your door and come in.

Anyway, pretty frustrating and poor english. Room was clean but very small. staff does not knock, internet is very unreliable.

Room Tip: 300 baht in low season for standard fan room hut.
Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo