“Amazing, want to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing, want to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just finished this yoga retreat. Had such a lovely time. Bhud is the teacher and she looked after us well. Her style of yoga teaching is for everyone, even if you have never done yoga before. She is an excellent teacher who is very grounded and understanding of all. The food is cooked by Muk and is incredible. So good. It was fantastic to eat such healthy fresh food while doing the course. I would consider doing this retreat again.

Visited November 2012

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I had the most incredible time at the Xhale retreat. Bhud is a great teacher, the daily timetable is a perfect balance for learning yoga, breathing, philisphy, meditation etc. The food was healthy and really delicious, thanks to Muk. I didn't want to leave!! I would definitely recommend to others and hope to return myself.

It's quite a distance out of the centre of town which allows you to fully immerse yourself in the retreat - I'd recommend making time after the retreat to spend in Pai - 1-2 days.

Visited November 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A beautiful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my first yoga retreat but I imagine this retreat has much more "soul" than the other bigger and more commercial retreats I looked at before finding this little gem. It's a very down to earth place, relaxing place. The food is absolutely amazing, especially the chai tea! You will eat healthy vegetarian food, only natural sugar (honey). Three meals per day with the biggest being breakfast and plenty of healthy tea and fruit to keep you going throughout the day. What you eat and drink is planned to fit around your daily yoga and breathing practices. I don't want to tell too much as you should experience it for yourself but not every day is exactly the same and a couple of things we did were really special to me. The retreat covers every aspect of the yogi way of life as it's not just yoga, but breathing exercises, diet and a philosophy Q&A discussion every afternoon. The accommodation is 5 minutes walk down the road (a beautiful walk, it felt like I was happily walking to school in the mornings, through the countryside and then I could stare out at the view all day from the open air yoga studio). It was my birthday when I was there and everyone made such an effort to make this nice for me - they even baked me a last-minute banana cake and sang me happy birthday! Everyone is so kind here, you will feel welcome I promise you. The girls even worked around my diet issue (non-gluten). Every single thing I ate was delicious!!!! How can healthy food be so tasty?
Bhud, our teacher is very much a 'real' person. She shared a lot with us about her life when we had our discussions so that it felt like you were learning from a friend rather than a "perfect" guru teacher. I enjoyed it so much and I highly recommend it. The whole group loved it and we had varying degrees of experience and knowledge but I thought it was especially perfect for a "beginner'". Excellent value for money.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Also a first yoga retreat for me and I couldn't have chosen a better place to get inspired! In Bhud a great teacher, Muk a terrific cook, the xhale yoga sala in a wonderful valley and perfect accomodation in Pai. We had a great mixed group of nationalities, experience and ages and I think everybody had a wonderful retreat. The program with all it's activities was very well balanced, intensive and joyful. I can't say anything else but that I have never felt better in body and mind and maybe even more important, inspired, to keep up, be aware and learn more, I would recommend it to anybody and everyone, even if you have to make the effort to get to Pai

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a great retreat for anyone, wanting to refresh, rejuvenate, cleanse, oh and laugh! Bhud is a fantastic teacher, with a cracking sense of humour. It is suitable for all abilities, as a lot of the focus is on, breath work, meditation and listening to your own body. The accommodation is top notch, the food is fresh and tasty. You will have an enjoyable week, as although the teachings are of course deep, its also fairly easy going and you will inevitably be with a good group of people.