“We love Pai!”

Pairadise
Ranked #3 of 173 Pai B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Pairadise

We stayed here as 2 19yr old female backpackers for 6 nights in May '13. We paid 400B for the room, non AC, Breakfast not included. Free wifi.

Room - Sweet and clean. No bugs! Cleaned every other day. Hot water in the shower. Comfortable hammock and chairs on our deck. Comfy bed.

Food - All the bread is homemade! Eggs cooked to perfection. A little more expensive than elsewhere in town. Good green tea and generous fruit plate.

Service - The manager wasn't exactly friendly as said before. Upon pick up in town he barely greeted us. We've put this down to him being incredibly shy. Not the right guy for the job? On leaving, he wasn't at all
Helpful regarding our onward journey and we subsequently missed our train to bangkok...

Location - Just outside town. 2 mins by moped. A ten minute walk across the bamboo bridge. Tranquil and calm.

Pool water was green. Not dirty. I think it was just hosepipe water as they refilled it at the end of our stay. We swam every day!

Over the course of the week we chatted to loads of people and Pairadise seemed by far the best value for money. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this place to anyone. Can't wait to come back soon!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank LMG921

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I'll begin with the positive. The hotel consists of several huts, which are tastefully arranged around a swimming pool and a pond, with some huts sitting a little further in the back. The rooms are very beautiful and very comfortable. Best of all, the breakfast is very cheap and exceptionally good by Thai standards: 95 baht will buy you a coffee or tea, a bowl of fruit, eggs, and two homemade buns. The location is so so, especially if you're coming back to your room after dark - it's a 10-15 minute walk across a field and there are unlit spots were you see absolutely nothing for good 200 steps.

Unfortunately, the positives were almost outweighed by the negatives. Most of the staff do not speak english. One man who does, seems to lack the short term memory or the attention span necessary to work in customer service. We requested to be picked up from the bus station - a service that was offered by the hotel free of charge. When I was on the phone with this gentleman, I told him when our bus would arrive. He said he would come by at that time. After we made the arrangements, our call was disconnected. When we arrived in Pai, no one was there at the bus station and we had to drag our bags around in the heat of the day, looking for our hotel. When we finally arrived there, all he could remember was that our call had been disconnected. The fact that we had made the arrangements before we were disconnected completely escaped him.

The room was never cleaned during our stay and the wifi signal was extremely poor.

The staff is not available after 7:00pm or so. One night we came to our room at 6:30pm and discovered that our A/C was not working. We thought it was broken. I managed to find the english-speaking gentleman, which was a challenge after the sunset. He said that the A/C was disconnected from the outside because we left it running (nowhere in the room had we found a note requesting that we turn it off during the day). No one thought to turn it back on at the end of the day. They didn't even bother entering our room and turning it off using the switch inside our room. He repeatedly added that the owner ordered to have the A/C disconnected - it sounded like we lost our A/C privileges because we did something bad.

The owner of the hotel lives on the premises with her kid. Sometimes she is in a good mood and sometimes she is not. Often you feel like you're visiting at her house and she wants you out.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alexei D
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Pairadise is a 10 min. walk out of central Pai. You cross a bamboo bridge and follow a road and the top of a hill is the resort. Sadly, there was no warm welcoming when we arrived, more like half percent. Could be improved in comparison to all the other hotels we stayed in on our trip.

Once we got past the staff, the site is indeed pairadise. There is a lovely large fish pond that lies at the centre of the property and all the cabins surround it. The pond has underwater jets that fountain streams of water, creating a relaxing ambiance. There is a smaller and fishless pool next to the large one that offers great cooling dips when the suns rays are pounding. No complaints about our cabin, other than the rock-hard bed. Not sure why that was so, because all hotels along our trip were comfy. We loved the little porch outside of our cabin, the hammock was used a lot and we honestly felt we chose the perfect place to stay in Pai.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the cabins are lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

very pretty property. 10 - 15 min walk from the main street. Rooms were fairly clean. little dusty from corners. bathroom big and clean. Our bungalow had a small sitting are as well which was over stuffed with old furniture. we would have preferred less stuffed , more space to walk. it was pretty much useless.View was nice. On the whole value for money. I would recommend this place. They have free pick up service too anywhere from the town. very sweet hosts.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I woke up with beautiful bird call that came around the bungalow. When I open the door, I could see the mist hovering over the large Swimming pool and Fish Pond and a slight smell of fresh rolls was in the air! This is what I would call Paradise....
As it was high season it was a good idea to call earlier the day to make a reservation. The bungalows are very welcoming with hammocks hanging in front of the door on the balcony and nice wall paintings inside. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable which made this one of the better places that I stayed on this trip.
I paid 800 Baht per night for a double room with fan and attached bathroom. Bigger rooms with Air-con are also available; however I don’t think you will need that as it gets quite cold in the evenings. (I didn’t use the fan at all during the four nights I stayed here.)
The Pairadise is situated about 15 minutes walk from the local bus stop in the centre of Pai. You need to walk across the Bamboo Bridge and then about five minutes uphill. It’s worth the walk as you have a beautiful view from the little restaurant, overlooking the valley. If you love homemade bread and rolls, fruits and fresh coffee, this would be it!; The Perfect place for breakfast, to relax and enjoy the view.
The owners, Kathrin & Pin and their team (especially Sid) are very friendly and helpful no matter if you need some information or you just drop by to have a chat.
They provided me with a free map of the whole area and also recommended the better companies where to rent a moped. I believe this is the easiest and most scenic way to get around and visit the Waterfalls, Hot springs and Temples. Have a sunset-ride and then get back to town to have dinner and a beer or two (don’t forget to bring a jumper). There are lots of nice restaurants and street hawkers in town (I would highly suggest Green Curry served with rice at the the Pai Cookery Class Restaurant) on the little food market.
Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of Pai-radise and be prepared to stay longer than you had planned (:

Room Tip: Bigger rooms with Air-con are also available; however I don’t think you will need that as it gets qu...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerard R
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I travelled Thailand in August for a month with friends. The Pairadise is by far my favourite. It is so beautiful and relaxing. The rooms are spacious and have a small porch and hammock. Bathrooms are fairly big and have a nice shower and toilet. The grounds are well kept, very clean and pretty. The staff are SO helpful and pleasant! When we got there, one of the managers came to our room and asked us what we wanted to do the next day. We said we wanted to tour Pai and he set the entire thing up for us. The next morning his friend, a former tour guide, picked us up from the hotel and took us on a day tour of Pai. It was amazing! I highly recommend Pairidise. You won't want to leave!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed in Pairadise for a week and it was a lovely experience. The bungalows are beautifully decorated, the standard of sanitary equipment is very high and the bungalows are very clean and tidy. Each bungalow has an own sundeck with a hammock. The resort has a magnificent garden with palm trees, mountain views and a fishpond/swimming pool with a boat and a sundeck in the middle of the pond. Just relaxing and sunbathing on this sundeck was worth the trip up there. The breakfast is beautifully prepared and you can get anything from fresh fruit salad to scrambled eggs and homemade bread from the resort's own bakery. The staff is multilingual (German, Thai, English and more) and exceptionally friendly and helpful. There are two friendly dogs as well. Pai is a remote village a little off the beaten track but doesn't lack in charme and there are lots of leisure options, especially hiking, riding on elephants and there are even hot springs in the jungle around Pai that you can explore on a scooter (those are very cheap to rent in Pai). I highly recommend!

Room Tip: You can choose between a big and a small bungalow, the big bungalows are a little more luxurious and...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends