Grand Paradise Hotel
Nong Khai Resort(Nong Khai)
$28
Tanzeno Hotel(Nong Khai)
Busayarin Hotel(Nong Khai)
  • Pool
Pantawee Hotel(Nong Khai)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The good points: a very nice rooftop restaurant (open in the evenings) with good food and thai style karaoke, friendly staff, spacious rooms/bathrooms, walking distance to the oriental market and Mekong River.

The bad points: the hotel is very run down, the swimming pool is in very bad condition right next to the hotels exposed cooling towers, the breakfast was a disappointment (not the variety, but the quality).

If you like your Thai massage very very soft you can use the hotel massage staff. Otherwise there are plenty of good massage places in downtown Nong Khai. We recommend eating at Daengs (Vietnamese restaurant) at the Mekong River. They serve fresh spring rolls that locals come from miles away to eat.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jorid_T
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Outside the huge buiding can be defined "grand Hotel", but when you get inside you will definietely change your mind.
Large and bright hall with old forniture both at the front desk desk and around the ambience. Corridors and rooms are even worse. Bad smell everywhere, decrepit forniture, tear bedsheets and towels.
Average cleaning.
Limited buffet breakfast and bad service.
There are no other better chance in town, but please, don't call it Grand Hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Kinothai
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Went to Nong Khai for the Naga Fireballs which turned out to be a bust. Hotel was older but fairly well maintained. Clean, A/c, plenty of hot water and a GREAT breakfast buffet included in the price. Staff was friendly and helpful.

A little pricey for Nong Khai, but I think worth it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank fractaler
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I went to NongKhai on 23/10/2010 to join with my friends there to see King of Nagas Fireworks, which people in northeast Thailand believed and blessed the Serpent King in Mae Kong River. The festival will be settled and celebrated near Mae Kong River by city municipal. Ten thousand of people from every corner of Thailand will come to visit here every year, so hotels’ price during this time will be increased double or more.

We planned to stay for 2 nights and booked 2 standard rooms at Nongkhai Grand Hotel via my brother’s account that used to live in the town, and knew one of the partnerships of this hotel. We received a very special rate at THB 1,700 on 23/10 (actual rate THB 3,500), and THB 1,200 on 24/10 (actual rate THB 2,400). In my opinion, price was fair.

Lobby was wide, which decorated with set of furniture. The hotel’s receptionist was good of help. After checked in, we took a lift to our floor. A bad smell has come from an old carpet in the corridor all the way to our room. I hate this smell as I feel I was breathing an unclean air to my lung. I suggested that they must renovate the carpet in all floor, and all room as soon as possible.

Our room had also the same bad smell as the corridor. The carpet in our room was old, and dirty. There were remained many of dry ugly mark on it. I feel I was sick of it. Room was wide as well as standard room from every 3 star hotels in Thailand. Bed was clean and wide. There were small table and 2 chairs for relaxing with varieties of fruit in plastic wrapped on the table. The balcony was at end. We opened it for a while to refresh an air in our room. However, that could not help much. In room, there were dressing table, TV, air-condition, build-in wardrobe, refrigerator with free 2 bottles of water, and snack bar. I satisfied with everything except the bad smell from the dirty carpet.

Bathroom was clean with bath tub and shower inside. Water flew strong and hot fast. Toilet was fine. Bath kid was on washbowl with basket of conditioning shampoo, bath gel, soap, shower cap, comb, and cotton buds. I was ok for the bathroom.

Breakfast was included the price. It was standard with international buffet. The most I liked was an egg-pan, which fried egg faced Chinese sausage, and ham served together in pan. To enhance it taste, eating with soy sauce or ketchup or chili sauce are suggested.

Hotel was located near down town, which we were very comfortable to travel to all places by private car. We went across border to Vientiane, Laos in 24/10 morning, which was far from hotel about 5 km.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2009

The hotel is indeed a grand presence in Nong Khai; I was welcome of the opportunity of finding a room in what seemed at first a pleasant building. As a non smoker I was disappointed to be offered a non smoking room complete with ashtrays. there was a strange odor in the room possible stale smoke but I was desperate for a room as I had become unwell on my trip and needed to stay over whilst I recovered. The toilet and bath/shower facility was very poor and had it not been for my quick action of leaping out of the bath/shower I would have been severely scalded as the shower control suddenly just delivered scalding hot water. The aircon control was missing the temperature control dial and in all was very noisy and smelly. The bed linen was thread bare and had it not been for my migraine attack I would have moved on and not stayed. To add insult to injury my sickness had left me confused and I left the hotel in a muddled state the following morning unaware until I reached Bangkok that most of my clothes were left in the hotel wardrobe, I managed to contact the hotel within 24 hours and was informed that my clothes were not found in the room. Someone I assume is now walking around Nong Khai in my linen shirts and trousers, Very poor experience, I would not choose to stay there again, but as I said, from the road it looks OK.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business