Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 26, 2013

From the busride before I came to Nong Khai I caught a cold. But the host took so good care for me. They gave me some medicine, a hot chocolate, tea, water....just everything to get me feel better. They're so great, I'll definitely be back.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank EsSta
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The rooms are comfortable and clean. The guesthouse is in a good location, by the river and very close to the market. It is good value for money.
There are nice places to sit outside of the rooms and a couple of tables overlooking the river.
You can help yourself to free tea/coffee.
Wifi is available and free of charge.
I would recommend this guesthouse as long as you don't rely on getting a room with a river view, even if you have booked it.We booked a room with a balcony overlooking the river and were quoted the appropriate amount. When we got there we were given a room looking out on to a concrete wall. When we asked for the room we had booked, we were told that it would be more money. I was asked to speak to somone on a mobile, as there was no one at the guesthouse who could speak English well enough to deal with the situation. She said she would get back to me but she didn't.

At the end of the stay, we were still charged for the room with the river view. I'm not quite sure how she was going to give us the room we had booked anyway, even if we paid more, as she suggested she might, because other guests were in the room we had booked for the duration of our stay. There was only 1 room overlooking the river and the same guests had occupied it. The only thing i could think of is that they had been charged more to upgrade to our room on the basis that they would have to move if we paid more to get the room we had actually booked. When we left, I couldn't really argue that I should pay less than the quoted price, given that we didn't actually get the more expensive room, as the person taking the payment didn't really speak English. Very disappointing!

Room tip: Try to get the room overlooking the river, although you might not get it even if you have booked it.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank timetofl
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Mr Pan has nice little bungalow rooms and we managed to stay the one that facing the river side. It was lovely room with basis bathroom and bed. At night, it was calm and quiet, with sound of the water river and the view of star in the sky. Each room has its hammock and their service was good. Next door you can rent bicycle and mini shop. Mr Pan also owned a restaurant so no worry what to eat at night.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank edyTBD
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This place is excellent. Free bicicyle, big rooms, free drinks and toast, very clean, great location and if you need anything they're only too happy to help.

Date of stay: January 2012
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank t8769
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We moved here after a horrible night at the Mut Mee and this provided all we wanted for a relaxed stay. We wanted the front room with the Mekong view and a balcony but at the time it was occupied. The owners told us the guests were moving out that morning and stored our luggage for us while we went to explore the markets and have lunch. When we arrived back our room was ready for us to move into.

The rooms are clean and colourful and at the upper end of backpack (our room with cable tv, aircon, private bathroom & balcony was 700 baht). The room is serviced daily and there is a communal area with a toaster microwave and complimentary tea, coffee & biscuits, great for breakfasting on your balcony. If you don't have a room with a balcony, there is a communal lounge with tv and balcony.

The location is great, right by the central market, good for shopping & eating (great food in this town) and although initially concerned by the proximity of the floating bars, they were only operating on Friday & Saturday nights while we were there (this may change in the high season) and the volume level was not too intrusive.

Room tip: Room 1 with Mekong views is worth the extra to be able to lounge about and watch the river traffic.
Date of stay: October 2011