“WOW German food!”

Ranked #42 of 53 Restaurants in Nong Khai
Bangkok, Thailand
“WOW German food!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were able to buy imported german pickles and candies which made a great change for us after 9 months on the road we enjoyed it and a great view of the river too. VERY CLEAN.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank James S

Vientiane, Laos
“And you're in the service business?!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A friend and I stopped here last night to inquire about a taxi to Udon Airport. The women who first assisted us were pleasant and as helpful as they could be. We waited about five minutes for a man who eventually was able to answer our question. I think he was the owner. For someone who is in the service business, he was rather curt and non personable. We simply asked if they had a taxi service and the cost. He quoted us 650 baht, which was much more than the two other services we had already contacted. So we told him we would keep him in mind and asked for a business phone number, just in case. He refused to give us the information, citing not wanting to work until midnight as a reason (he looked at his watch and told us it was already 8pm). (Really?!) My friend and I were so taken aback by his response that we looked at each other in astonishment. That's when he followed up with something like, "If 650 baht is too much, then...".

Here's the thing. Most services were quoting between 400 and 500. To me, 650 is just a way to take advantage of foreigners who think that is cheap (not ok, in my book, and I run a business, too). In the grand scheme of things, it would not have put a dent in our trip budget, in the least bit. It was his bad attitude that put us off entirely. I know Germans are not known for their warmth and hospitality, but come on, you're in the service business!

By the way, if you don't want to work until midnight, just simply turn off your phone or ignore it! Don't go telling potential customers you don't want to help them! Needless to say, we are letting everyone we know about the lack of service at this establishment!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank LotusKoko
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Bad green curry”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had a green curry here. It was the worst I've had after over 2 years living in Thailand. I barely managed two mouthfuls. I can't comment on any other food here as I certainly won't be back!

• Visited February 2013
Nong Khai, Thailand
“long time Nong Khai...find it just okay.”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Have been to this restaurant on more than one occasion and although nothing too negative about it, I just find it not the most pleasant experience in town. Service is not good. Not unfriendly or rude. Just do not expect to be serviced. Most of the time I order the Khao Pat Gai (fried rice) with Prik Nam Plaa and have always had to ask for cutlery, napkins, bottled water (pop), Prik Nam Plaa (again, and again). It seems that once you have placed an order they seem to just disappear. Food is okay, but there are much nicer places along the river with better service.

Very popular with certain expat crowd in town which is okay but has no connection with Thai Style cuisine. Looking for Black Forest Ham, this is your place.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank rct99q
Liverpool
“Breakfast”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Theres a good choice of English, German and continental breakfast.

Visited December 2011