Ruan Thai Guest House
Pantawee Hotel(Nong Khai)
  • Pool
Suansawan Resort(Nong Khai)
View Hotel
Nong Khai Resort(Nong Khai)
View Hotel
Rest Time Hotel(Nong Khai)
View Hotel
All reviewswithin walking distancestay there againthe riverlaundrymarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2013

we stayed at Ruan Thai for 1 night, an aircon room on the ground floor for 400 baht. The window could not be locked or bolted for some reason, and in the middle of the night I heard the window being opened from the outside, I looked and saw a Thai man in the alley way of the hotel grounds staring back?

I felt like my privacy was invaded and it made my girlfriend very uncomfortable the whole night.

Room Tip: choose a second floor fan room, the peeping tom cant look into your room!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank somchai m
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I Checked in here after finding Mutt Mee Full and i have to say i found the Guesthouse more than fine if you are looking for clean, cheap and well located.

I Paid 300 bht a night for a Fan room which came with a TV (with 4 or 5 english chanels bbc etc) small basic bathroom with hot water. I stayed for over a week and had no complaints. My room was cleaned every day and a free bottle of water was also given.

The owners discounted my stay, Charged next to nothing to clean my laundry 30 bht 1 kilo and it is so close to nice places to eat and the market. i will stay here again next time i am in town.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank smirky1
Reviewed February 25, 2012

It's overall well maintained, rooms are OK but quite small (compared to other budget places around town). The major issue is the noise: we stayed in a fan room upstairs and wanted to leave the windows open at night but the noise of the A/C rooms downstairs makes it impossible - we stayed only 1 night and went to another guesthouse.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cocovlc
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I had a basic air con room for 400 baht (they also had fan rooms for 300 baht). It was about what you would expect for the money, small clean, nothing fancy. Hot water shower in small bathroom. Aircon had just on/off settings, the temp was not controllable. TV only had Thai channels. The building was an old style teak building that I liked.
The owner and staff were friendly. They spoke good English. The location was good, close to restaurants, bars and the market.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ThailandLiveaboards
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I found my window opened at 1AM and it was opened very wide, as I went to close it, I saw a Thai man hanging out in the alley way behind my room, that was unsettling and very scary. It was an invasion of my privacy.
And no it was not a security guard, it was a peeping tom

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo