“Amazing shopping on a floating boat”

Nakhon Pathom Floating Market
Book In Advance
More Info
$49.20*
and up
Floating Markets of Damnoen Saduak
More attraction details
Owner description: This market is practically deserted by 8 AM.
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I visited floating market with my wife. Actually, it was my second time to visit this market. I was still amazed how many floating boats conduct business in a narrow stream of water. Many sellers on a boat sell fruits, artifacts, paints and many more things without any problem or accidents. Prices are good but I have advise each traveler to bargain hard before buying. Even if you don't purchase, floating on a boat and looking various boats, left and right shop and colorful items is enjoyable. If you happen to be in Bangkok, don't miss this place.

1  Thank amha_z

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Great fun and extremly interesting. save your purchases to close to the end of the trip and you can negotiate some good purchases and it is all done with great humpour and less stress than the Cairo bazaar!

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Better than the tourist ones I have been to before, the food was excellent

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I went to a floating market a few years ago, I cannot remember which one but I don't remember it being this touristy! We were being ripped off from all sides. A bag that I could buy in any other place would cost be about 300 or 400 Baht but the vendors were charging me 3000 Baht for it! I understand that they want to sell to tourists but this was just outrageous. For that price I'd be able to book a day tour somewhere. The products they told were nice but way too overpriced and I bet I'd find them somewhere else much cheaper

See more reviews
Reviewed January 15, 2012

amazing market on boats in an amazing city in an amazing country. 1 hr from Bangkok, rent the boat for the first time to enter into a fairy tale on water. Colors will attract you like a fly into a shopping frenzy never encountered before. Negotiate like hell. 1/3 of the quoted prices. Take pictures to remember the time with your grand children. Go there hungry and taste everything, fruits, grilled bananas.