Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I booked this on Agoda looking at glossy photos. I was highly dissapointed on the pathetic condition of grand old hotel. Rooms/bath were in pathetic condition and very basic. I was put off by near break down condition of the place. Staff are very helpful and that was only good part of the deal. This hotel is cheaply priced but other guest houses are much cheaper with similar or better living conditions. Other star houses might be in range of 70 USD to 100 USD but are much better. Lampang is a small town with lot of attractions and can be easily accessed on rented car/scooters. Hence location of all hotels make no difference due to ease in access.

Room tip: You this option only if you cant find something else within your budget.
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank SharatMendu
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I don’t know where to start!

Stayed for 1 night (1 too many!) in August and chose the hotel from the information provided on the hotels’ website which coins phrases such as
‘‘The 1st luxury hotel in Lampang…’’
‘‘Feels like staying in your own home’’ and
‘‘The legend lives on’’.
Certainly the nightmare lives on.

When you arrive you find images of the room choices fixed to the reception desk. You choose the room type you prefer from the choice available. Within 2 minutes of entering our room I was back in reception asking where was the room I had booked. I thought I had booked the best suite available…after a discussion the reception staff decided I had, although there may be a better room but that had a flooded carpet.

It turns out the information on the website and in the brochure is more than ten years old.

The ‘’suite’’ was tatty with plastic lined curtains, no pictures on the walls, no ornaments on the rickety furniture, handles missing off cupboards although strangely enough the bathroom was of a good standard. Having been out for an evening meal, my wife & I decided to have a drink from the minibar. Having selected two bottles of beer, we frantically looked around for the opener, which we couldn’t find, so I went to reception to ask if I could borrow an opener. Without further a do, the young Thai lady proceeded to use the doorjamb of reception to remove the tops.

It’s just that the hotel was so dirty and looked so unloved…refurbishment is well overdue.

My wife and I couldn’t face breakfast so we left as soon as we could.

Although modestly priced, I feel my expectations were way too high as set by the web-site and reception information. Surely the management/owners should remove/modify this out-of-date information to avoid disappointing further guests and visitors to Lampang.

Room tip: There aren't any!
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen J
Reviewed April 21, 2011

This is an old hotel, and it is true that you can see that upon arrival.
However, there are talks about renovating the place (I talked to the staff) but they cannot do it all in one go (which is understandable because of the budget and the amount of things that has to be done).
And the staff makes up for it. Some may be a bit shy to converse in the English language, but you can see that they are trying. Also, there are managers walking around who would love to help out and make your stay as comfortable as possible.
If you would make the effort to come visit again later, I bet you can see the improvement. Just don't expect the furniture and the state that the hotel is in at this moment to be like a Hilton hotel (let's be honest, you also pay much less). Also, keep in mind that the pictures that are on the website are old and made a bit more glamorous. But then again, what hotel does show it's actual state of the rooms? The price is fairly reasonable, and the service is with a great smile. The staff welcomes you as one of their own.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for one night to join Songkran Festival. The hotel is renovating as I could see. The room had removed the carpet out and changed to lovely clean white tile. Breakfast was good and also the atmosphear in the restaurant. We bought a package which include dinner at the restaurant by the river and ride the hourse carriage from the hotel. There was a great view and the food was great taste. I recommended.

Room tip: Get the package. It was cheap.
Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank BheemKnutsen
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed here one night with 4 rooms, the beds are good but the rooms surely have to be improved, using the bathrooms needs a good mental condition.
Anyway the service made it all, the staff very friendly and the restaurant, eventhough not very promising from the looks, served very good Thai food with an attentive waiter, the breakfast was absolutely fabulous and included in the reasonable price.
The location right downtown is good for an evening walkiing stroll and to get on the horse carriages which take you around town in the morning.
Free wifi access is provided in the lobby area, so are 2 PC stations.
It's a typical thai biz hotel which you can find in every city, we would go there again.

Date of stay: November 2010