Lowest prices for your stay
$34
Free cancellation until 12/18/21
Hotels.com$34
Booking.com$35
eDreams$35
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is good for an overnight in Lampang, however, unless you have business in town, I cannot see staying more than a night.

The lobby is beautiful as it was built before teak harvesting became illegal in Thailand and so the floors, reception desk, moldings and lighting fixtures have all been crafted in teak as well as some of the furniture, however the downside to this is that it can make the room dark. The restaurant is located at the far end of the lobby which is shaped like a giant rectangle, so not very architecturally interesting.

A plus is that the hotel is located off the main street so it is quiet, however it has few if any facilities. There is no swimming pool. The closest thing you will find is a fountain in the front of the property.

Some of the people I traveled with walked to a restaurant near the river so there are venue's that can be visited nearby. I understand it is a 5 minute walking distance to more lively activities. the reason I cannot comment on the nightlife specifically is the night I arrived I felt ill and asked if a pharmacy was located near the hotel. I was told no that I would need a car. The next thing that happened underscores the truly amazing service the hotel offers. A hotel employee brought a car around to the front of the hotel, drove me to the pharmacy and then waited while I obtained some medication. When we returned to the hotel I tried to tip the driver and he refused to take the money, I had to tell him in Thai to please accept it before he finally would.

I was so impressed that the hotel did not just tell me where a pharmacy was and call me a cab, I cannot even thank them enough for their outstanding service.

Breakfast at this property us actually served in the dinning room and is pre-plated so a server will bring you a plate with eggs, fruit and some sausage.

Rooms were clean and comfortable and I would disagree that they could do with an upgrade as they were in the style of the property, and although some may consider sparse, I found them to be uncluttered.

As I am sure you can tell from my above comments, I not only found the staff friendly and hospitable, I truly felt that they cared about me as a person and have earned my business if I should ever find myself in Lampang again.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Edward N
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is the silence itself.
Located off the main road,
few facilities,
no loud crowd.
Just some business visitors for the mining area or so.
excellent value for money.
Food is small in variety, as is breakfast,
but there is plenty alternatives in proximity if required.

Room tip: corner room, really great
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights and partied hard with friends both nights so unfortunately can't comment on breakfast. Rooms were clean and comfortable however could do with an upgrade. Staff all seemed to be very friendly and hospitable. Great function room, we attended a wedding reception there. No pool which was about the only thing missing from this nice quaint little Thai style hotel. Good location, set back from the street so rooms are quiet. Still within a 5 minute walking distance to everything. Would certainly stay here again if in Lampang!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Plus points - it's cheap!! The rooms at each end of the corridor are a bit bigger than the others with a little sitting area, although they're dark and dingy and very old fashioned in furniture. These are the 'deluxe' rooms, far from deluxe but they cost very little more than the 'Classic' rooms and are quiet. wi-fi is only £2 for 3 days and worked well. The garden area is nice for a cold beer; there's a decent coffee shop around the corner as well. They have an automatic piano which plays in the evenings, it seems to have one disk which lasts around 10 minutes and then repeats endlessly. Breakfast was horrible; as other reviewers have said they have a set breakfast; maybe the 'Asian' one is OK but the 'American' breakfast consisted of a very greasy omelette, vile coffee, 'toast' which I sent back to be re-toasted as it was just mass-produced white bread which hadn't been anywhere near a toaster, and fake orange juice. The second day I took the option of fresh fruit instead of the fake orange juice (you can't have both) which was marginally better. Fine for a couple of nights if you have no choice.

Room tip: go for a 'deluxe' room
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We were on a tour and stayed one night. Old fashioned hotel with a nice lobby, hard beds, wifi for 100 baht, 2 computers in the lobby. Room was on the 6th floor with no view. There was no safe and no coffee maker, but we did get 2 free waters. The signts and dining in the city were a distance away. There was a lovely outdoor restaurant in the rear with fair food. Breakfast was fruit, toast, juice, coffee and a platter of eggs, one bacon, one slice of ham and sausages which tasted like little hot dogs.

There is little in the way of dining or shopping near this hotel. If you want that you have to exit the hotel in the rear, turn right and walk about 1 1/2 kilometers to a large shopping center, Big C. There is a food court on the 2nd floor and a KFC, ice cream places on the first floor.

Date of stay: February 2012