“Really ordinary”
Review of Escape Bistro

Escape Bistro
Ranked #34 of 128 Restaurants in Lampang
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Food was really ordinary. I ordered a cheese sandwich and it wasn't very good at all. The toilet was mosquito infested. Staff were nice and there were a whole lot of National Geographic issues which was fun. But if you want to eat I wouldn't go here.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed August 17, 2016

Visited yesterday for lunch, it is clean, the staff are friendly and the menu is varied, nice Thai dishes on offer, the coffee was also nice. There is ample parking outside, the wifi is free and the menu is reasonably priced, well worth a visit

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed May 30, 2016

So, the prices are a little high by Thai standards. However, the food is excellent and the services is very, very friendly. The fries and shakes in particular are awesome. Try it out!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed December 19, 2014

My wife baby and I walked pretty far from the main tourist district to find this place. It is rated well on Tripadvisor. The place is very attractive with a clean laid back feel. I was excited by the menu and the beer list of high end (mostly Belgium) beers, but unfortunately I was let down by the food and the service.

I had the beef burger which was about half the size of the bun and very thin. It was also not 100% beef, with some kind of filler and other flavorings. I also had the Nurnberger sausage which was OK but bland and the Italian sausage which I mostly did not eat.

The service was pleasant but very slow and not at all knowledgeable about the food they were serving. When it was obvious that the waitress didnt understand what I was ordering I ordered by number, in Thai language. I also watched for 15 minutes while the waitress made about 6 coffee's before simply taking my beer out of the cooler. So unfortunately a very nice (and expensive) beer was delivered to me after I had finished my meal.

I hope I just caught them on an off day and ordered the wrong items... I love Lampang and come here every year. I really wish I could have liked this place!

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed November 15, 2014

We spent two nights in Lampang on our way to Chiangmai. Read some reviews here on TripAdvisor and decided on this place for our first night. Glad we did. Tried several different beers, finding the price so much better than back in New York. Had pasta, chicken wings, more beer and then the pork burger. Quite good all. Nice surprise for a small town that we hadn't heard of before. Oh, and as another poster noted - - - great apple pie here!

Date of visit: October 2014