“freedom fargo: totally amazing experience”

Island Cruises Sailing
Ranked #56 of 99 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Go Sailing! Day Cruises, Yacht Charters and Join In Cruises to Ang Thong National Park, Dinghy Sailing, Rental and Courses, Hobie Catamaran, Laser... get wet and thrilled without freezing your butt off.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Left HK for a so longed holidays and came back filled with one of the best experience in life. Thanks to my darling partner who insisted to engage on a sailing trip, myself ,him and two friends of ours left the shores of Koh Tao for a real sea adventure. Freedom Fargo is not only a sailing boat is a full experience. Captained by Alf, an extremely interesting man with so much energy and life adventures to share, and his crew, Fabien, a more than skilled chef able to prepare tremendous food in a tiny little galley,our 4 days vacations turned into a memorable time. I used to sail since a kid and I am very much used to the sea, its secrets and its movements. Freedom Fargo is a very well equipped sailing boat, it has all you need to experience the world from the sea. Alf and Fabien are its soul and filled our days with exciting activities and much to see and discover - from swimming into caves to exploring deserted shores, from snorkeling under the moon light surrounded by bioluminescence to trading beers for octopus with local fishermen! I would highly recommend this trip and I am sure we will engage in another sea adventure very soon. Only sad thing: when on the verge of anchoring back to Koh Tao, last minute of our holidays, my darling man dropped his phone into the sea...therefore, I wont be able to share here any of the numerous photos we took during this magic trip as they have gone to sit on the bottom of the sea...;-(

Reviewed February 7, 2014

4 of us took a 4 day trip sailing from Koh Tao to Angthong Marine Nature Reserve.
The sailing was fantastic, with scenery to die for. (It did take me a few hours to find my sea legs initially but such is life)
The 43ft yacht, Freedom Fargo, is a fine vessel with as much character as it's captain Alfie and crew/chef Fabian.
Every time a meal was served we were awestruck at how such delicious food could be prepared in such a tight galley space. Fabian is a a culinary inventor extraordinaire.
We ate fresh fish, fruit, loads of veg, porridge, we even traded beer for fresh octopus from some local fishermen. (they will obviously cook meat on request)
We were shown many of the natural wonders of the area, from beautiful caves filled with staligtights & mites, bio luminescence in the sea and on the shore (totally nuts going swimming at night with a mask & snorkel), snorkeling through marine caves and over reefs and a lucky spotting of a fresh water pink dolphin fishing round the islands.
They have a brilliant sound system on board and a eclectic collection of music for any mood.
Alfie serenaded us with his guitar whilst Fabian lit bonfires on the beach and sailed us back & forth to the yacht on their outboard every time we asked.
These guys know what they are doing.
Totally recommended.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Totally awesome, highlight of our trip to Thailand.
It was a real adventure, led by Alf who has a passion for sailing and exploring. He and Fabian went out of their way to fill our days with wonderful things - exploring caves, swimming with bioluminescence, visiting deserted beaches.
The food was top quality - wonderfully creative, fresh and beautifully presented.
The boat was very comfortable and is a proper sailing boat that has had some adventures, so don't expect super lux.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I booked a sunset cruise with as a surprise for my husband and we had a fantastic time. The skipper Alf is really laid back and has a real passion for sailing. We enjoyed his stories of sailing around the world and felt we were in good hands.

We sailed with a beautiful view onto Koh Tao, took a dip in the water and enjoyed a stunning sunset while drinking a few beers. It was serene but also great fun. I'd recommend it to anyone!

Thanks Alf... see you next time we're in Thailand!

Top tip: there is a sound system on the boat so bring a playlist on your phone so you can plug it in and enjoy some tunes!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

A small group of friends and I booked a day sailing with Island Cruises as a surprise for my boyfriends birthday. Our trip was back in May and I have been meaning to write a review for some time now. What an amazing day and experience! The whole day ran very smoothly, was relaxing, fun and very enjoyable. With Koh Tao as our beautiful back drop we spent the day sailing, swimming, eating and finishing with some sunset drinks. Alf and his partner were wonderful hosts and made the day that much more enjoyable. The price is very, very reasonable with other sailing trips I have looked into far exceeding my budget. This was one of those days that I will always remember, the perfect way to see the island. Thanks guys!

1  Thank Prashanti P