“Open Water Course PADI at Sunshine divers resort”
Review of Assava Dive Resort

and 1 more site!
Assava Dive Resort
Ranked #24 of 153 Specialty Lodging in Koh Tao
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Super nice team, glad to have done my OWC there. You are maximum 4 with an instructor, which is not the case in every dive shop.
Because it was low season, the bungalow was included, so 9000 baths for OWC and 4 nights in bungalows with fan and private bathroom, really nice deal. In addition, it is not situated on the main beach so it is nicer and quiter.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have done both My open water and My advance open water here, and the instructors are truly awesome. They make sure that you understand what you learn, and really make you feel safe. At the same time, the Resort it self is really nicely located and have everything you might need close by:)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brittss
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nathalie the course director at Sunshine did a really good work with her team instructing, teaching and taking the divemaster process through til the end. She is an excellent teacher, very dedicated, and she has a very sweet personality, treating all the DMTs equal in a very kind way, which is also very good, and she also did a great work with the arrangements for DMT as well, I highly recommend her and the sunshine team as a very dedicated and well teaching instructors! Also alot of fun and cool stuff going on! Great thanks to you all!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Nothing beats diving. Except diving with the best people you could wish for, in the most relaxed place you can imagine, having more fun than you thought possible.

From the moment I met my instructor Sean until the end of my final Open Water dive (which was, incidentally, 50 minutes spent with a whale shark) I was just having the time of my life. I had better than one-to-one tuition - because there was an assistant, Petra, there, and I was the only student. This is pretty standard practice.

I continued on to do my advanced, emergency first response, and rescue courses, and then decided to train to be a Divemaster. Its difficult to sum up why I decided to stay for so much longer than I planned, but I just had a good feeling about the whole place. The instructors are all completely professional, and make you feel totally relaxed and safe, yet at the same time you will just always be laughing. The atmosphere around the dive shop is always relaxed and fun - I was made to feel welcome straight away. You will always be in a small class. They take the theory seriously. You can get an instructor in your own language. There is a monkey. Its the best value diving you will find anywhere.

I don't want to over-write this - it would be like a spoiler, because you should simply go here and experience it for yourself. There's nothing on tripadvisor I would recommend more. The hardest thing about it is deciding to go. The only bad thing is leaving. What's your excuse for not being there?

Room Tip: A1 and A2 are next to the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We earned our diving certificate here and it was amazing. The teachers are incredible and truly make sure that you are safe and understand everything before you go out for your first dive. Everything was so smooth and easy to follow that it took a lot of the stress out of learning a new sport. WE LOVE YOU NATALIE AND MICHAEL!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I spend 6weeks in koh tao to do my Divemaster with Sunshine divers, and was really good!!! The Instructor are allways here to speak with you if you've got some question, and is not to big so you meet everybody and is like à familly!!! If you want to spend à good Time in Koh Tao you have to go diving with Sunshine!!! I miss you guy's i want to come back!!! See you soon i hope!!!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet place to stay in Koh Tao Sunshine is really good, you wake up and you are strait...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My experience coursing up with Sunshine divers was outstanding, you would be hard pressed to find a more energetic, knowledgeable and profession staff of Dive instructors anywhere.
I traveled to Koh Tao alone and from day one everyone at Sunshine divers made me feel welcome and part of the family. If you plan on going to Koh Tao for dive instruction you won’t have a better experience than what you will find with this group anywhere else.
My main instructor Simon really helped me get past an equalization problem I had for the first few dives I made when I got there by the end of my time I hadn’t blown an ear drum and I was able to descend to 15M in no time with no effort.
Many thanks guys and I will be back but first think I’ll send #1 son there for a bit and maybe he might just want to come back and stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo