“loved Charm Churee Villa!”
Review of Charm Churee Villa

Charm Churee Villa
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Absolutely beautiful stunning view of the ocean from our deck! I could hear the waves at night and that was amazing! The room and bed were very comfortable, had the best sleep. The bathroom (which was inside the room) was spacious and clean as was everything else in the room! I totally enjoyed all the walking paths to and from the beach, restaurants etc. Great for keeping in shape, but not recommended for people with mobility issues.
The staff were excellent, someone walked away with my sandals, and the staff found them for me the next day. LOL.
The breakfast buffet was great with an awesome view of the ocean right in front of you! The fresh fruit was delicious as usual!
The snorkelling was good!
I am definitely going back!

Room Tip: Sunset and ocean side room is a must!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bibi-Barb

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed 2 nights in Sunset Bamboo Huts. Best part of the Island for swimming, sunset views and natural beauty. Great dive operators - would stay again. Short 10min stroll into town and 45 min walk to end of Sairee Beach

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful location, secluded but close enough to walk into town. Bungalows scatterred around with breathtaking view. Bungalow 7 was excellent! A lot of colourful fishes at the beach. We saw baby sharks every day! Supernice staff and great service.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank RainbowRally
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel has the best view and beach in koh Tao! It is located right on jansom bay. Since it is built right into the mountain be ready to trek a bit to your room from the reception desk. The hotel grounds are HUGE! It's worth the extra baht to get a cottage on the beach! If you're looking for an inside bathroom, this is NOT the place for you. Bathrooms are outside with thatched/tin roofs. They are nicely done bathrooms but creepy craw lies (mostly ants) have free access to your bathroom as well. Don't be alarmed by piercing screams at night....it's just the geckos. The staff at the hotel are VERY accommodating and will help with anything including carrying your bags up very steep hills/steps and ordering taxis etc.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Melissa L
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I've been to Koh Tao 8 times and stayed at Charm Churee 7 of those times. If you are looking for 5 star comfort you won't find it here. However, if you are looking for true natural paradise. I would suggest looking into Charm Churee. We love our yearly trips to Koh Tao and plan on going back again next year. We'll be booking our rooms at Charm Churee.

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Joe H
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife and I have been to Charm Churee 4 times, we are still here in fact.
This used to be the best hotel in the world in my opinion, I have traveled all over the world extensively for 13 years, and this really did use to be the best place on earth.

Don't get me wrong the views and the beach are still absolutely amazing!
However for the price you expect so so so much more.
We have been told it is under new management, we are in a beach front villa this time, the rooms are in need of a touch up, the food is now plain and boring, this used to be amazing.

I'm not being picky but I returned back here after 4 years, I have sent over 40 friend to this resort, and I will now stop, Staff have become lazy, still friendly, but lazy.

Way over priced for what you get (Now).
If you have money and just want the perfect calm place, not interested in food or service then please still come here.

This place needs an overhaul, someone is making a fortune and not putting anything back into the place- Such a shame, this will be our last trip here, nothing will change my mind on this- Bring back the old management!!!

Kiwi living in abroad :-/

Room Tip: Room 44 or Room 20, room 44 is for sunset and Rm 20 would be the best beach room you could take.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jonny21
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Had a wonderful experience staying in charm churee.We stayed in room 54 which I would highly recommend. Good locationhe staff were so friendly. Always had a smile on their face. Nothing was too much trouble. It has it's own private beach which is picture postcard. Having a Meal in the restaurant is a must. The food is excellent and the views are spectacular. As I live in Koh samui I will be returning later in the year with my husband. I cannot wait!

Room Tip: Beachside villas are also very nice
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends