“Nirvana”
Review of Charm Churee Villa

Charm Churee Villa
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed March 4, 2013

After leaving the lunacy of koh samui we decided to treat ourselves to something better. Oh what JOY ! Charm Churee is really what a holiday should be. The rooms are gorgeous and all different, the position overlooks the bay of gorgeous clear water(with fishes that nibble your toes) the restaurant food is wonderful and the staff helpful and kind. We met the owner who bought us a beer and shared stories of his life with us...what a delightful man . I wish we could have stayed longer. Save up and book this Hotel....i treasure every minute I was there.
Sadly, it's not disabled friendly as there are many walkways to the glorious villas. That's a shame... Jean

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Misseld

Reviewed February 15, 2013

What a great vacation we are still having, 2 days left. We have our own entrance to snorkel in the bay right from our cottage. We were so lucky to get nr. 32, it is by far the best. 3 terraces so you can move around with the sun and what a view. Food is excellent, everybody is friendly and the walk to town a good excercise. The beach is Not very big but we never had to use the beach chairs, our cottage was so comfortabe. We were first in the bay every morning,best time to snorkel on our own. The visibility is great and a lot of fish around, for instance a school of 300 barracuda .
For us this was not a hotel, it was heaven.

Room Tip: Go for the sunset suites, 32 is the best, it is the signiture cottage .
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank henning t
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place is gorgeous, we booked it for 2 nights with my girlfriend and we finally stayed 11 nights... There's an awesome private beach, where you can do snorkling and eat/drink at cute and cheap restaurant "Elvis Bar". If you wanna see another beach you can walk 10 minutes in the jungle and enjoy Jansom Beach, or take a taxi boat. This place is like a paradise, people who work there are the nicest people in the world! The food is VERY good, rooms are clean... what else can i say?

Oh yes there's also a SPA, and we had the best thai massage there...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BenjaminN_13
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I booked it because it had access to a good little beach (no boats etc) but was still easy walking distance to town - this did not dissapoint, beach with restaurant was charming and the snorkling really great, corals and fish in abundance,

Rooms were large and spacious if a bit dark - only improvements I could think of would be a fan in the outside section to help with the mosquitos in the evening and the heat in the day. Also hot water was not always present, but given the heat this was not a major issue so I never complained about it.

Breakfast was very good, with a strong buffet selection of fruit and vegetables as well as made to order omelets etc.

Room Tip: Avoid the one on the main path to the reception, it is a very steep concrete road, so noise from lug...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Resande2
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I am a young student, not throwing a lot of money around, but for my 19th birthday my parents would pay me a real luxury night in Koh Tao. Flicking through the catalogues there was only one resort that catched my eyes. Charm Churee. A natural, beautiful and highly delicate resort with a private bay, sandy beaches, palm trees and bamboo huts. The most attractive for me, though, was the restaurant. Not only my belly enjoyed the romantic evening dinner, my eyes did too, watching the nighty sky full of blinking stars while the waves softly break under our balcony.
The huts are impressive as well, each one unique, each a fascinating combination of natural materials, rocks, bamboo sticks, matresses and plantation and traditional, luxury furniture.
My very personal highlight was still the breakfast buffet. An incredible variety of fresh food welcomes every guest from 7 to 10 with a view over the ocean. Fruits, toasts, pancakes, muesli, yoghurt, salads, rice, eggs as you wish, vegetables, warm dishes, well kind of everything. I could not stop eating for an hour!
Well and last but not least: The staff is just great! You feel welcome and home the very moment you enter the door to the reception room.
Lovely atmospere, lovely people, lovely huts, lovely food,...what else am I to say if not: I love charm churee <3

Room Tip: Get a view to the sea!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anja R
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We booked 3 rooms and they were stunning. We then upgraded my wife and I to a pool 2 bedroom villa. Absolutely stunning. The amenities are excellent, meals and service fantastic and the views and snorkeling were what i was looking for in Thailand. If we go back we will bypass Koh Samui and Bangkok and go directly to Kou Tao and the Charm Churee. The staff are excellent and service impeccable. They cannot do enough for you. Cost for drinks and meals very reasonable. The island has everything so no need to go anywhere else. My boys attended Thai boxing and went out to the parties and had a ball. One of the family had a medial issue and they came and fetched him and took him to the clinic twice. I cannot recommend this resort enough. Another world favorite for our family and the boys are already planning their return.

Room Tip: Try to get a villa room close to the sea. All snorkeling equimp supplied. The Elvis bar has great me...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DennisRogers
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had a lovely stay at Charm Churee on Ko Tao, extended by 1 night due to enjoying ourselves so much, and by one more night due to not having booked a ferry to get off the island and not being able to book one! Still, it was the peak of the peak season.

Positives - a huge, quirky room with large balcony overlooking trees with sun lounges & a lovely big airy bathroom. Breakfast comes with a great view, in a space open to the ocean, and if you have dinner at the hotel restaurant it's open to the stars with the most comfy cushion chairs (if you are OK with sitting on the floor, which I am!) and tacky piped pop music, which I also loved. There is wifi in the bar on the beach and at reception. The location is away from it all, but only a short scenic walk into the town. (Or a taxi (truck!) ride home at night).

On the downside - no TV in your room, no swimming pool - but a private beach with free snorkels for hire. Also, overall stay a bit pricey for Thailand. Plus the room had a musty smell - but hey, it's the tropics.

Top tips - do the long walk round the island to Freedom Beach. We got lost, & I wished I'd worn hiking shoes but still - stunning scenery, and that side of the island totally different. Also - go out one night to the strip where all the bars are, along the beach, to get a taste of that and the ladyboy bar is super fun if you love drag shows.

Next time I would maybe try staying at one of the bungalows we saw on the way to Freedom beach - they looked so simple but so perfect, and I'm sure would have cost a lot less. But still recommend Charm Churee!

Room Tip: Ours was the cheapest room type - and it was great!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends