Taa Toh Lagoon Diving Resort
$47
$84
$58
Agoda.com
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$52
$40
$73
$66
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$160
$149
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$41
$40
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Montalay Beach Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$33
$31
Agoda.com
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$39
$24
Agoda.com
Woodlawn Villas(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$68
$31
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Well, maybe my review title is too harsh. The staff was nice enough but you got the sense there was a political upheaval and some locals just took it over. The quality of service was not in alignment with the build quality of the property.

The room was 2,500 Baht a night ($75). It had an AMAZING view. It was right around the corner from Freedom Beach, a truly beautiful spot. However, the room was very small. It had the worst smelling shower water ever. So bad, I could barely stomach "cleaning" myself in it. The bathroom lighting was terrible. You could not see yourself in the mirror, which was hung for a 4' tall person. But boy, what a view! That is, after I cleaned the windows in the room myself so I could see the view.

There was more trash around the property than I cared to see, especially considering much of the staff stood around and watched thai kick boxing on the restaurant TV. They would even crank metal music and wrestle one another in the restaurant. Now, I like to see people having fun, but there is a tipping point. They are on the wrong side of the tipping point. They were nice enough, but the vibe was just not right.

Whoever built this place would never have allowed it to become what it is now. Its run pretty poorly. Get your staff to pick up ALL the trash around the property rather than kick box each other all day. Get clean water in the showers. Clean up your act. Your rooms are supremely located. There is no reason for this place to get a poor score. A good manager would have it ironed out in a week.

Also, no Wi-fi in the rooms. You must go sit in the restaurant and endure blasting TV shows.

The bed was FIRM. Too firm. I like a firm bed too.

All in all, I say avoid it. Bummer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RichardPryde
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Beautiful views over the ocean, but:

- Rooms were very minimalistic (which is okay), but many gaps in walls/windows/mosquito nets, so we spent a lot of time swatting mosquitoes.
- Restaurant is terrible and overpriced
- Most of the staff weren't that friendly
- Offer free taxi from the pier, but not back to the pier at the end of your stay
- Free breakfast was average, the rice soup was the only good thing
- Lots of rubbish (broken beer bottles) right beside our bungalow on the rocks.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Felix M
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I lived here for a month and had an amazing stay. I had traveled for a year around the world and this was the best value I found anywhere. I had a week of the resort to myself at first. Slept most nights on my hammock on the balcony and would wade around rock to eat in the "town" area around the point with it's one bar and few restaurants. It was secluded and at less than 10 bucks a day, unbeatable. If you want a paradise looking over the ocean for nothing this is your place. Most secluded on the island and cheapest. The diving is also world class and a great and knowledgeable crew. All good things....

Family is quiet and happy to accommodate once you get to know them a little bit. Don't be shy.

Room Tip: request secluded on the point
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank restlessvagabond
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Nice little bungalow and beautyful view. But when we went to breakfast the stuff looked us very angry way. I'm very kind woman and I newer been in that kind of situation as a customer or traveller because I like to be polite.

We were happy to go back to Krabi after 3 nights. If we go again to Tao, we'll go to some other Resort.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Initially seems unfriendly but you soon gt to know the family. Excellent dive school - small groups, timing that avoided crowded dive sites and Mark was fantastic divemaster. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple