“Simple but good value!”

Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Asia
“Simple but good value!”
Reviewed April 29, 2006

My wife and I stayed in this hotel, because my wife was taking the open water course at the Ban's diving shop. Since she was a student, we could get a room (with air condition, TV and shower) for 500 baht only (10 Euros). 2 dive cost only 1800 baht (35 Euros), and only 1400 for ex student (30 Euros).

The room was very simple, but very clean, and we were just 2 minutes from the beach. This hotel is right in the middle of Sairee beach, and close to all restaurants and shops. For this price, don't expect luxury and hight standard service.

During our stay, we found that the service was so so, one day I asked to have my towels changed 4 times! Everytime, they say they will change it, but when I was back in the evening, it was not! I complained to the boss, she said that it was too late to change and that they were very busy that day, which I understood, because it was right during Songkran (national holiday in Thailand).

The hotel's restaurant is right on the beach, with very nice view to the ocean. The staffs were not so friendly, and did not like to smile. It was like were bothering them whenever we asked them something.

In conclusion, it's a very good value! Simple, clean and right on the beach, even though the service is not very good, I would go back to this hotel, because of the price, the location and the diving shop.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank Gervong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 26, 2005

We stayed at this hotel for several nights on our August 2005 trip to Thailand. The rooms were adequate and clean. I don't think we ever got the hot water to work in our room (our friends in the room next door had better luck with theirs though, so we just used their shower while we were there). The service was also not so great (not really very friendly). But, the location was good, and the hotel bar/restaurant overlooks the water and was always pretty full. They also offer laundry service, which is nice if you're on a long trip (as we were).

This hotel is definitely not going to be the nicest place you ever stay, but that being said, I don't know that there is anywhere else on the island that I would have prefered to stay. This just isn't a luxury hotel type of place; it's much more for the backpackers and diving enthusiasts, the kind of place where you don't need shoes to go in anywhere (actually I think you have to leave your shoes outside of all the local establishments).

I don't dive, but my friends who did (beginners and more advanced divers) had mixed reviews, but all seemed to really like the instructors from the hotel.

If I ever go back to Koh Tao, I may try another hotel, but I wouldn't advise anyone not to stay here either because it was perfectly fine.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#18 of 49 in Koh Tao
Jamahkiri Resort & Spa
Jamahkiri Resort & Spa
#4 of 49 in Koh Tao

Been to Ban's Diving Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ban's Diving Resort

Property: Ban's Diving Resort
Address: Haad Sairee, Koh Tao, Koh Tao 84360, Thailand
Location: Thailand > Surat Thani Province > Koh Tao
Bar / Lounge Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Koh Tao
#5 On the Beach Hotel in Koh Tao
Hotel Class:3 star — Ban's Diving Resort 3*
Ban's Technical Diving is operated out of Ban's Diving, Koh Tao, Thailand. Ban's Technical Diving is an award winning DSAT, BSAC, ANDI Technical Instructor Diving Facility. The only Tech Center on Koh Tao (and one of few in the world) that offers DSAT Technical Diving Intructor Courses. Deep Wreck Diving, Cave Expeditions.-Nitrox, Deep, Wreck, Gas Blender, Compressor Operator, Rebreather, Equipment, Emergency Oxygen, Technical Decompression Diving, Cave, Cavern......... ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ban's Diving Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ban`s Diving Hotel Koh Tao