Ban's Diving Resort
$55
$81
$55
Travelocity
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$43
$39
Priceline
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$186
$149
Priceline
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelocity
Woodlawn Villas(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$35
$32
2,569 results
All reviewsopen water courseanthony griffithsdive masterfishbowl baradvanced open waterfish bowlnight divefree roomfun divesdive coursegreat instructoramazing divelearn howsmall groupair confan roommy girlfriend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Ban's of course first and foremost is a resort for people who will participate in the resort's diving courses. It is very obvious when arriving to the hotel. The general atmosphere is the one from a hostel rather than a hotel. We stayed in a "Garden View Suite", which was a relatively spacious room with a large bathroom and a nice balcony. The beds were comfortable, but the WiFi did not work well in the room. The hotel is located just right by the beach and has a restaurant with sea view which has OK food for a reasonably low price. I can however recommend to walk along the small street towards the northern part of Sairee beach where there are a lot of nice restaurants and bars on the beach.

Within the hotel complex there is a very popular bar, the Fishbowl. There is live music until 2am so do not expect any sleep before that time. The two pools are not possible to use for swimming since they are occupied by diving classes most of the time. The breakfast served in the Darawan was the poorest I have encountered during my four trips to Thailand. Skip it and go for breakfast somewhere else.

One of the mornings we discovered that we had shared our bedroom with a big spider... I guess this just means that the hotel is not using a lot of pesticides.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Swede1979
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This rating is solely for the team that put us through our Open Water Course and also Advanced water course.
We had Hannah and Baz for instructors and I cant say enough how awesome these guys were. So good that I changed my travel plans and completed my advanced open water course which took a further 2 days.
Hannah and Baz made the course so simple, fun and exhilarating! Thanks guys, hopefully ill return to complete some more courses soon!!

Yes Bans is a very busy environment but you cant expect to go to one of the biggest dive schools in the world without seeing a few people. My room was a bit budget and didnt get serviced for the 6 days i was there but for the price this was expected.

Room Tip: IF you can afford it, upgrade your room when booking.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Where to do your IDC?

I have staffed February 2014 IDC with Natalie Hunt and Guillaume Fargues and all I can say is that it is and IDC like none other.

Although we came from all around the world and we came together for the one reason. Our passion for diving.

This IDC has been truly amazing we have shared laughter; we have cheered and clapped for each other and we have given each other love, compassion and support. I’m sure we have made friends for life.

Teaching diving is not only about knowledge which Natalie and Guillaume have in abundances. It is also about bringing out the best in people. It is about supporting the individual and getting that person on to the next level in a positive and loving manner.

IDC at Ban’s Diving Resort is an experiences like one other.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank togeskov
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at Bans to complete my Open Water course for 4 nights.

I will base my review score on only the accommodation which was the upgraded air-condition room.

After getting off the ferry I decided to walked the whole way to Bans which took me roughly 15-20 mins stopping once.

When I finally arrived at Bans, it was a huge, fancy looking resort with a buzzing flow of young people who all seemed to be completing dive courses.

I proceeded to the reception to where several Thai women where running things but not one seemed to acknowledge me even though I was the only one inside. I approached the nearest women I explained I had booked online and wanted to check-In. This seemed a huge ordeal and I was looked at as if I shouldn't have asked.

After finally completing the check in process I asked where my room was located and was give. A very brief guide which gave me no help whatsoever. I spent at least 20 minutes trying to find my room asking at least 4 workers who sent me in all sorts of directions until I spoke to a dive master who took me to my door (The manager might consider adding some better signage to guide guests to rooms).

I finally got inside my room and was happy with what I was given, bed was large, bathroom was ok and I had a nice balcony. The only issue was the bathroom let out a horrible sewerage swell every so often.

Each night the music travels to most rooms but not normally no later than 1-2am. I had no trouble sleeping as I was usually going to bed by 12am but any earlier and I may have had trouble.

The seaside restaurant is busy with divers of a morning and afternoon. If seeking a quicker and cheaper option head next door to bingos or down further and you can escape the madness.

I will add that the dive courses were great. A little crowded but the instructors where fantastic. The dive masters where very friendly and helped improved my progress.

Overall the resort just scrapped by with a 4/5 due to having an upgraded room but I am sure would be less had I only stayed in the fan room.

Enjoy your stay at Bans, from a solo traveller you will definitely not have any trouble meeting new friends.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Let me tell you what. Ban's is a great resort, with fantastic staff (reception, housekeeping, dive instructors, dive masters, the whole nine), and they really live up to their reputation.

Go see the Dive instructors Mr. Josh Sparkes and Mr. Adam Fulcher about diving. Their professionalism, skills, knowledge, and enthusiasm was a huge bonus to my experience. Also, a big shout out to the Dive Master Farina and Tom!

I can blow bubble rings all day ;)

Ken. W