Ban's Diving Resort
$73
$57
Agoda.com
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$131
$108
$249
$123
  • Breakfast included
$61
$40
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$45
$36
$55
$41
  • Breakfast included
Montalay Beach Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$32
$30
Agoda.com
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$22
$96
$70
Agoda.com
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$51
2,607 results
All reviewsopen water courseanthony griffithsdive masterfishbowl baradvanced open waterfish bowlnight divefree roomfun divesdive coursegreat instructoramazing divelearn howsmall groupair confan roommy girlfriend
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This review is more specifically on the hotel aspect of Ban's versus the diving. My husband and I stayed in an air-con room near the pool closest to the resort office. Overall, it was a great room, especially for the price discount since we were diving. The room was generally clean and well-kept, it was nice to have a balcony overlooking the pool, it was great to have a safe to keep our belongings in while we were out diving all day, and we were happy to have wifi. We also liked being close to restaurants, whether right outside our door or just a few minutes walk away.

On the other hand, since our room was in the thick of the action, that meant some rude awakenings in the middle of the night when other hotel guests were getting back to their rooms. We knew we were in the thick of party land, so we accepted it, but be forewarned if you intend on sleeping most of the nights. If you plan on partying, then this place is perfect for you. Just know what kind of guest you are ahead of time, depending on where your room is.

If we weren't diving there, I would find a hotel that's quieter and possibly cheaper, but for the diving package, it's a great option.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I came to Ban's based on word of mouth reviews back home in Canada. I took my open water with Michael Richardson and my advanced with Mark Hadden. I must say it was a fantastic experience to be taught by both of them. Extremely professional and knowledgeable. I felt as if we were their first class and their passion and excitement about diving really came through.
The hotel staff were also extremely helpful in booking tours, flights and adjusting my ever changing schedule. I planned to stay on Koh Tao for only a few days and have now been here almost two weeks.
I highly recommend this hotel and dive center as they will welcome you with open arms.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Diving in Koh Tao at Ban's is one of the best thing in my life! Me and my friends are so lucky to have Mark to be our instructor. He is so cool and fun that made our dives nothing but enjoyment. I should leave earlier right after my open water course according to my original plan, but i just can't! Instead, me and my girl gave up our tickets to stay a little while longer. So be careful if u decide to step in, cuz' u might never wanna leave! And I'm planning to go back as soon as possible. maybe i'll see u around!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'd do it again. Bans is probably one of the biggest and one of the most renown schools on the island, good course and instructor, available in many languages. Rooms come free with the course, are below standard though.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The first thing I said to my friend when planning our trip to Thailand was: "I wanna take my dive certificate on Koh Tao!". Now that is something I will never regret, because our stay at Koh Tao and Ban's diving was according to me the absolutely best time on our month-long trip. Thanks to Magnus, Mark and Courtney I had the most wonderful dive experience, which I don't think I would have got anywhere else.

One of my last dives in the advanced course I had the privilege to dive alone with Mark Hadden, and that's an experience I will not forget. He showed me fishes and places I would never have noticed my self and made my dive to an unforgettably cool adventure.
All the staff at Ban's are professional and very helping and caring. It felt like a big warm and loving family, and I often miss all of them.

This is a place I can recommend to everyone that wants to have the best time of their life!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends