“Fantastic Diving” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ban's Diving Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ban's Diving Resort
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
London, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Kho Toa is a dream island with amazing beaches, warm seas and great beach bars to watch sunsets on.
I did a diving BANs and was twice the age of some of the people on my course but it did not make any difference, we all got on and had a fantastic time with a great instructor. Everyone seem friendly and helpful and it was definately excellent value for money.
I highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

A great place to meet people, complete a dive course at a low-cost, and explore Koh Tao's lively dive sites. Everyone from reception to the dive instructors were friendly and helpful, making my stay a memorable one.

The dive staff's enthusiasm is contagious- I am already antsy to get back in the water and move onto my next certification! I took my advanced course with Mark who was personable, patient, and encouraging every step of the way. Be sure to head to the fishbowl bar for a post-dive beer with your dive team.

I had a great time at Bans and would recommend a stay/dive with them to anyone! Hope to go back sometime soon.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank KelProtz
Alpine Meadows, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I came to koh tao thinking I would do a little diving, maybe explore the island a bit. Instead my life was completely changed! Diving and the experience I had at Ban's resort was my trip to koh tao! After going through the open water coarse with the best instructor you could ever ask for (Mark Hadden), I was hooked! All I did on the island was dive, maybe a few buckets as well. I ended up taking the advanced coarse as well where I got to do a night dive, amazing!! I also did 4 fun dives after my coarses were complete, always meeting new really cool people from all over the world on the boat. Overall my entire experience at Ban's was amazing and I would recommend going to Ban's to anyone heading to koh tao! And a big thanks to Mark for such a great experience! Your the man!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. I stayed in two different rooms @ Ban's and they were great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Had a wonderful week in Koh Tao! I believe Ban's is the best place to stay when you want to enjoy diving in Koh Tao. The instructors are friendly and professional. the atmosphere at Ban's is unique! Smiling people all around, diving instructors and students live together like in a big multicultural family. Ban's is like a little beautiful village. the Service is perfect! Accomodations are very good.

when i come back to Koh Tao - i will come back to Ban's.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you think about going to Koh Tao, this is the only place to stay. Only! Location is in the cm in the middle. Nice rooms, fantastic garden, and love the restaurant both for breakfast and dinner. Good service by the staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Surbiton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I cannot recommend BANS highly enough and this is why.

To contextualize this review, my boyfriend and I (mid-20s) had planned to go to Koh Tao on our 5 month travelling adventures in SE Asia and were toying with the idea of doing the PADI diving course there as its considered the cheapest and best place in the world to do it. I was a little apprehensive to say the least.

On the boat to the island from Chumphon, we were accosted by many 'sellers' however, the young gentleman from BANS really stood out as being genuine so we decided to check out the resort with the intention of diving there.

On our first day, our group of 5, met our instructor for the course, Krista. Immediately, she put us all at her ease with her knowledge and understanding. Her quirky mannerisms also made her incredibly personable.

The next day, we practiced confined diving in the swimming pool in the resorts grounds. This did not come naturally to me at all but the support and warmth of Krista spurred me to continue. The following two days, we quite literally took the plunge in open water and I honestly don't think I could have done it without our simply wonderful instructor. It was a struggle for me initially and her patience and warmth were dearly appreciated. She made me believe anything was possible and formed such a bond with myself and others with the group, we all chose to continue with our advanced PADI. Quite a testament to the instructor considering initially, the confined shallow diving was a struggle for me.

The advanced course proved to be one of the best things I have ever done. We dived to depths of 30m, did a night dive and visited a World War 2 wreck underwater.

Throughout these dives, my confidence faltered but the enthusiasm and support of Krista was second to none. She gave me so much confidence and on a personal level, she is one of the kindest and most patient people I have ever met. I could not have hoped for a better experience and this is largely contributed to Krista.

For those who may have read BANS is impersonal or too big to give each customer attention, I can honestly state this is far from the truth. The personal support I received I doubt I would have got anywhere else.

In regards to the resort, BANS is a wonderful place to stay. Solo travellers, couples, families, those of any age, cannot fail to have a wonderful time at this beautiful resort on a very magical island. The rooms were spotless and many were included in the fee price of the PADI course. The grounds were beautiful and the service and food in the on-site restaurant, faultless. For those who like a bit of a party too, nightly fire shows, live music and a fantastic vibe on the beach side bar will keep the biggest revelers more than happy.

A personal thanks to the staff at BANS and my wonderful team. Most importantly, a lifetime of thank yous to Krista for her unwavering support, passion and faith in me. This enabled me to do something I never thought possible and for that, I cannot recommend her or BANS enough.

Simply wonderful.

From a very grateful and enriched backpacker.

Room Tip: If you are feeling at all apprehensive, request Krista. She has the patience of a saint and will pul...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katieepsomuk
Khao Lak, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

in one word:- FANTASTIC
in two words:- THE BEST
in three words:- JUST DO IT
in four words:- THE FISH BOWL BAR
in five words:- MARCEL & G "THE TEAM"
in six words: I LOVE P A D I

in 200 characters: supercalafradgerlisticxpeidalidious............. or something like that!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple