Lowest prices for your stay
$61
Agoda.com
$57
Easy and fast booking
Eldad D
Rishon Le Zion, HaMerkaz, Israel
good location, but average choice for non-divers
Reviewed Oct 1, 2012
It's our [ my wife and i ] time in Ban's, last time was two years ago and we enjoyed our stay and decided to come back again.

Not just the fact that the prices went up and everything else stays the same,
the lower pool is full with divers all day long and the upper pool partial fool of them most of the time.
the upper pool was very dirty and full with dead bugs,insects, etc'..

I've complained at reception but nothing Was changed - and we stayed there for 4 more nights after i talked with them . ( payed in advanced )

If you seek for quiet at night, this is not the place for you - the hotel bar/restaurant played very loud music each night until around 3:00 AM !

There was free wi-fi but it's needs user & password, each pair valid only for 24 hrs, and every few minutes it's disconnected and needs to enter the user and password again.
for me it was very annoying.

Our room was close to the lower pool. it was very clean and spacious.
The hotel location is very good, right on the beach and few minutes walk from sairee center.
Hotels.com
Beachfront
Restaurant
View more hotels in Koh Tao
5,813 results
All reviews open water course anthony griffiths fishbowl bar dive master great instructor advanced open water night dive free room fun dives dive course learn how explained everything fan room deluxe room my girlfriend dive shop air con
Selected filters
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was visiting koh Tao to meet up with a friend that was doing her diving course at ban's.
I turned up a day early and the bans staff helped me find her x
During my stay even tho it was my friend doing the course the staff involved me in the social side of things not making me feel left out x
My friend also booked me on some 1 to 1 refresher and specialty courses to regain my lost confidence in diving ( bless her)
And I have to say if it wasn't for my ban's instructor Luca I would of probably given up diving but instead I have renewed passion diving x
The bar on the sea front was very sociable from party or just chilling on the bean bags x
I was even invited along on a liver board organised by bans which is a memorable part or my trip
So thank you bans staff x and of course my mate who qualified as a dive instructor there x

Date of stay: August 2012
5  Thank TINPangel
Reviewed September 26, 2012

As a very well travelled business professional, I made a brave decision earlier this year to take a month off work from my career and undertake my PADI Instructors Development Course (IDC) and exams - a dream and ambition. I know several dive professionals around the world, including some who actually live on Koh Tao and work for different dive schools there; all of whom recommended I undertake my IDC with Bans Diving Resort.

As I do with most things I did my research and made contact with Gee (one of the Course Directors from Bans). Gee was most helpful and answered all my questions and provided me with loads of information in the months up to my course starting.

June quickly came around and I made the amazing journey to Koh Tao and was warmly greeted by Gee and Marcel (also a Course Director). As I had already been a Dive Master and DSD leader for 2 years, I signed up for the full IDC Course (which included the Dive Master refresher, Assistant Instructor, Open Water Scuba Instructor, First AId Instructor and Mock Examinations, followed by the real exams). There were a dozen of us in our IDC (from all around the world) - and we had an amazing few weeks. In addition to the mixed nationalities, our group had a mixture of experience levels - but we all shared one thing - passion for diving!

Gee and Marcel shared the course delivery between them - and I had one of the best times of my life! The theory and skills required to be an Instructor are not easy, but Gee and Marcel made learning FUN and interactive. Gee and Marcel are both very passionate about safe diving and underwater conservation - which came across in each lesson. They are both true ambassadors of the underwater world!

In addition to having 2 Course Directors, our training course was supported by two Staff Instructors - Luca and Mariska (plus their little furry friend CHILLI!). The support offered by Luca and Mariska was invaluable. Great fun to be with, very knowledgable, keen to help you learn and equally passionate.

Both the Course Directors and the Staff Instructors were more than happy to stay back late after class (into their own time) and help with our extra theory sessions.... I forgot how challenging Physics could be!.... but they got me through it and built up my inner confidence.

The IDC isn't easy (and nor should it be), its hard work - and you only get back what you put in! ....but all the support, knowledge and guidance to get you through it was openly available. When it came to the real exams we all felt Confident and Ready - and we all passed with flying colours. This was one of the happiest days of my life, which I owe to BANS DIVING RESORT and I will never forget! I often look back at all the photos and reflect on the great memories from this course and the life long friends which I have made!

As a diving resort, Bans offers it all. Swimming pools, bars, restaurants, great accommodation, beach, and all diving services on hand. The central reception staff were always very helpful and courteous. As an IDC Candidate we could even leave all our dive kit in the staff kit area, saving us having to carry it to and from our accommodation.

As a part of the IDC we were provided free lunch every day. And the food was awesome! :) the menu alternated daily between Western and Thai which was great as we got to try different meals and there was more than plenty to go around! Its also really handy that there is a Bans shop on site for all those other snacks and goodies to nibble on, plus a Bans dive kit shop for all those diving goodies. I would also highly recommend the lady down the street who sells fruit ice smoothies, only 30 THB and so scrummy!!!!!!

Within the IDC course there is a lot of theory and but also lots of pool and open water sessions. Again these were well structured, well organised and a great wealth of experience was made available to us in perfecting our skills and teaching styles.

Going the extra mile - well Bans really did go the extra mile for me.... I live in Australia and one of my best friends from England came over to Thailand to see me through my Instructor Exams. The Bans team welcomed her into the group immediately, and bent over backwards to make her holiday as special as mine; with one of my Staff Instructors (Luca), taking her under his wing to complete several speciality courses - whilst I was doing my exams.

After the Instructor Exams I planned to complete the Speciality Instructors package, which now enables me to teach speciality courses to my students. Our group was lucky to have the opportunity of completing part of this course on a Liveaboard :) diving uncommonly dives sites, including deep wrecks and Sail Rock! The Liveaboard was great, and as my friend had completed the speciality courses previously with Luca, it meant that she could dive with us and be part of my special achievements. The Liveaboard was amazing. Great dives and again great tuition from my Course Director and Staff Instructors!

The diving on and around Koh Tao is great. Cool things to see and explore! Every dive was different and you never knew what to expect on a dive. Vis varied between dive site (inline with sea and weather conditions), but on the whole I would rate as very good vis - upto 20m on some dives.

So in short - I have nothing but praise and compliments for the Bans Diving Resort team, in particular all those involved in facilitating my Instructors Development Course. The people I met and the achievements I made during this course, have changed my life forever.

Its thanks to Bans Diving Resort that I have now set up my own diving business in Australia. Whilst currently on the small scale, all my students have said nothing but praise about my teaching styles and attitude towards diving safety - and the credit has to go to Bans, making me the Instructor that I am! Thank you Bans, I will never forget you!

Looking forward to my next Koh Tao holiday and catching up for a glass of wine or two x x x

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank The_Pink_Diver
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place is fantastic, they didn't become so succesful by chance. They work very hard, it's great value and a great place.
I did the rescue course here, they have a dedicated instructor who loves teaching the rescue course and it shows. Good rooms / diving / food and the best bar on the island. Thoroughly recommended (and I can be a tough customer) but credit where it's due. 5 stars.

1  Thank David A
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located in the perfect location and heart of Ko Taos famous Sai Ree beach. We checked out a number of resorts along Sai Ree, this is definitely one of the best. They also have great diving packages and won a number of awards. Staff speaks good English and is very helpful if you need anything. Would definitely! stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank Travelschneckchen
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

If you dive for a day with Ban's, you Will fall in Love with the diving!! Staff is professional and you have lots of fun at the same time!!u meet lots of people from
All over the world who came here, tried and then becoming Dive master!!n u get free accommodation if you make any PADI course!!Stay with Ban's if you wanna try DIVING!!💙

1  Thank donna_avventura27