Koh Tao Cabana
$102
  • Breakfast included
$81
$55
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$41
$39
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$43
$39
Priceline
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$186
$149
Priceline
Woodlawn Villas(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$35
$32
Priceline
All reviewsrim laesairee beachwhite sandthe cottagesbeach bedsoutdoor showerwalk along the beachocean viewsun loungerslow tidefour nightslotus baramazing viewsmango baynight lifebeautiful resortnoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to Thailand and it won't be my last! A friend and I stayed 2 nights in the "Honeymoon Villa". Everything about our Villa was wonderful! The view from the infinity pool was stunning! The room was so pretty and the service was excellent! We enjoyed a massage at the spa, it was so lovely and relaxing :) All of our meals were very tasty and we especially enjoyed room service in out Villa! The staff made us feel welcomed and taken care of. We will definitely be back :). Thank you for making our first visit to your beautiful country so memorable :)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was looking forward to staying here for 3 nights, having been to Ko Tao before and loving the island and the beautiful beaches and also it being my birthday whilst we were here. However Koh Tao Cabana proved to be just one disappointment after another. I could go on for ever about the issues we faced, but to summarize the main ones:

No water in our room one morning - so no shower, cleaning of teeth etc
Breakfast orders wrong - on all 3 mornings!
Bad breakfasts - the food is dreadful. I mean DREADFUL. One of the worst breakfasts I've ever had and for the price per night they are charging extremely disappointing.
Rude staff - at reception and especially at the restaurant. Breakfast staff seem to completely resent your presence.
No wifi in room - you have to go the restaurant. Yes, the dreadful restaurant to use wifi. And then on 2 mornings out of 3 it wasn't working. For the price, wifi should cover the whole resort.
Stupid furniture in rooms - they have gone for the castaway look. I've seen this work elsewhere very successfully but here it's done badly. E.g. a bedside table made out of pieces of rope so you can put nothing on it. All in all, very silly, unfunctional furniture which just gets annoying.
Aircon control broken - unable to turn on/off unit, change temperature etc- told reception but control was never fixed in the three days we were there.
Dark room/bad lighting - the room was really dark. Even in the middle of the day you could barely see a thing. The lights are some of the dimmest I've seen. At night my fiance wore a headtorch to read. It was that dim.
Lack of shade at sunloungers - prepare to sizzle as there are no shades
No staff present to set up loungers - so my fiance ended up carrying over the loungers, cushions and towels etc. The staff were obviously off on some long extended break....
Unappealing pool - dreadful pool - looks like pond water. Didn't even contemplate going in and from the fact not a single other gust was at the pool for the hour I spent there I think everyone felt the same.
Mozzie spray in room never filled up - nice to provide this but it was nearly empty when we arrived and they never filled it up.
Unhelpful with advance request - my fiance tried to arrange something for my birthday - they were extremely unhelpful and pretty rude in their emails
Phone call twice at 9.30pm - the night before we checked out they called us at 9.30pm to remind us we were checking out - unnecessary call and they shouldn't be calling at that time, but sums up their idea of service. 2 minutes later they rang again - to ask what hotel we were going to - why they needed to know this, who knows.
Scabby towels - towels in room are the same as the towels at the beach - old, thinning and stained.

So all in all I would recommend avoiding this place at all costs. The beach is lovely but there's not need to stay here to enjoy the beach. For what they proved Ko Tao Cabana is very over priced.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Do not stay here, just visit the beach. The rooms are ok, but look harder and you can do much better for the money.
There is no heart and soul just a green, filthy pool, dreadful restaurant which we could only stomach once and inflated prices. The beach is nice, though. Go somewhere else, eat somewhere else.....don't waste your money.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Location beach front. The only positive to our stay here.
The cabanas I would suggest have not been cleaned since they were built. Dusty, dirty floors/surfaces, tiles needing replacement in bathroom & shower areas. Lighting & shades again, stained, & need replacing.
Do not attempt this hotel if you can't cope with stairs, steps & hills.
Tropical location, so bring plenty of mosquito spray & mosquito coils.

Restaurant, again had not had a thorough cleaning... Ever... Each table sticky, dirty. Along with the seat cushions, distinct sewage smell when sitting in the sala.
Plagued with mosquito's & flies.
Restaurant Entry water feature was a haven for the mosquito's.

Breakfast service and I use that term loosely was hit & miss. Poor selection on fresh fruits, fruit juices (?) food cold & poorly prepared.

Spa. Clean, pleasant staff & nice treatments. However, could only take 2 guests at a time.

Would suggest to owners; Clean up the cabanas, repair electrical system, including A/C . Replace lost tiles from bathrooms. Repair & maintain all steps up to the cabanas. Have a regular pest control check.
Do the same in the restaurant. Remove the stagnant water from the water feature, clean it, and use salt water instead.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This place is the best location of Sairee beach, and many of the locals I met diving said it was one of the best hotels on the island. Pickup and check in were a breeze and exactly as we would have liked. It was the first time that we have been served warm popcorn as we arrived at a hotel, it went down a treat. We booked for 4 days and found the place so nice that we extended by another 4 days. The first room that we had was not available for the second 4 days so they moved us to another room that was smaller but had a fantastic view of the beach. As then hotel is situated on a hill there are a number of steps to reach your rooms, but the view is defiantly worth the exercise.
Breakfast was OK but nothing great, and we only ate one main meal at the restaurant as we tried out all the places along the beach. The beach in front of the hotel is cleaned each morning and the snorkelling straight in front of the hotel was very good. We managed to see many tropical fish during an easy half hour swim. We walked to many different pubs and restaurants from the beach and with such a choice to choose from we never repeated one restaurant. We found that the staff were friendly and pleasant whenever we needed them. The pool is nice, although with the lovely beach this was not used very much by us or the other guests. We took a longboat to the Japanese Gardens and the snorkelling there was fantastic and really worth the effort. Sairee beach can get very noisy, but we found the hotel to be far enough away that it did not bother us. The complimentary spa treatment was good and the spa is really nice although a bit more expensive that on the beach. Generally we had a lovely time there and would not hesitate in going back again.

Room Tip: Lots of steps but a lovely place to stay
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple