“Ko Tao Paradise Zone - Excellent”
Review of Ko Tao Resort

Ko Tao Resort
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Originally booked into the Ko Tao Resort Aircon Bungalow but only lasted one night - The bungalow was damp and the musky smell was too much it seemed to get into your throat and make you feel quite unwell. Several other guests staying in this accomodation seemed to have very chesty coughs. For an extra £6 per night we transfered to the paradise zone which was excellent. The whole place appears new, the room which we stayed in (which was the cheapest) was large, modern, exceptionally clean and had a huge balcony which overlooked the sea. Staff were fantastic and the pool area was amazing. They shuttle you down each morning to the main resort for breakfast (as we were the only guests staying at the time) and the breakfast is good. Staff in the main resort good and helpful and the small beach is adequate. Plan to go back to this hotel before traveling down to malaysia but would only stay in the paradise zone.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 10, 2010

We booked a deluxe room at this hotel as the pictures looked quite good. The location on the beach is great and in a stunning location. We checked out after 2 nights (had booked fro 8 nights) as our room stank of sewerage and was so small you could hardly swing a cat in it. We did not consider this room appropriate for a family with 2 children, aged 4 and 2 yrs. The restaurant left a lot to be desired, no pool side service, pool edge so rough you cut yourself on it. No phone in room, tv small, no internet in room, breakfast VERY average. The bathroom was revolting for the price they charge.

They have opened a new section of the resort which located on top of the hill (The paradise zone) which I feel is getting all the attention these days. Maybe the rooms, etc are nicer in this section of the resort but it is not located on the beach.

I would recommend Sea Shells over this resort.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kenmick
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We got a bungalow which seemed a nice idea. It was dated and smelled damp but at least we didn't have to put up with our neighbours having sex! Our friends stayed in a regular room and the walls were incredibly thin, they said they could hear people on the toilet!

The staff aren't the friendliest and the massage is really poor, my girlfriend's masseuse was smoking a cigarette whilst on the job!

The breakfast was so poor it wasn't worth fighting off the flies, we skipped it and went out to one of the local cafes.

Have another look before you book this, I'm certain you'll get something better for what you're about to spend.

The crazy golf course jut up the road is great though...

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I stayed there for 3 nights, in a garden bungalow with aircon, tv.
Overall the room was ok, the bathroom needs to be redecorated, it looks a bit old.
I think it is overpriced and a bit far from the main city (Sairee) - I needed a taxi or to rent a bike.
The beach is nice though.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We just come back from Ko Tao Island, and we very disapointed about Ko Tao Resort. This hotel is in 2 parts (one on the beach, one on the hill) ; we were on the beach side, and rented what should have been a "luxury" room (quite expensive). In fact, everything in the room was old (20/30 years of age I think), and we nearly had no bathroom ! The staff was not nice. Only the restaurant was great. The upper part of the hotel is much more recent, with an astonishing view, but is very far from ... everything...and you are dependant from the navette (2 per hour).

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I came here with a few friends for 4 nights in May. The resort itself was quite nice, the location was great! The beach views were amazing and standing in the pool you can see for miles and miles. (Pool was also very clean) Our room was a deluxe room and was comfortable for the 4 nights we were there and what we needed it for. The only thing about the room was the walls were thin ( we got in at midnight one night and were just chatting and were knocked on by people next door to quiet down - and we were literally just talking!) and the bathrooms were pretty nasty. However, we pretty much heard that most bathrooms in Thailand were not the greatest, as the sewer systems aren't up to date. And this bathroom did either smell like sewer or like a bad perm.
However, everything else was really great, the pool especially (cannot stress this enough!) It was quite quiet, the staff was alright, some were more friendly then others. They tell you that you get wifi in your room, however it only worked about an hour the entire time...so we used the computers in the main lobby. They may try and charge you for it, but just refuse to pay and they back down. The breakfast wasn't the tastiest, but the restaurant had decent food and a huge menu, but it was just more expensive then in other places, but still worthwhile sometimes for the convenience.
The massages there are only 300baht, and I have to admit we had better massages everywhere else, I dont know about you, but I dont like my stomach being massaged, maybe just ask to skip that part.
So if you are just staying here for a couple of days and like quiet, great views, clean beds, then this place would be for you. Children seem to be frowned upon by the pool.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Canadiangirl02
Reviewed May 2, 2010

I must say that the hotel located in one of the most beautiful places in Koh Tao, the beach I like paradise, the restaurant serving very good food (no one speaks English), the massage I took was very bad don't do it there find some place in town. breakfast is good.
I made reservation through sawadee.com
paid lot of money in Thaïs standards (2100 baht BB)
when I arrived I got a room which was a connecting room between two rooms so I could hear everything in the other 2 rooms.
I asked to change the room the showed me a bungalow on the mountain far away from the beach old room of course I said no since my noisy room was right next to the beach.
when I came back to my room I wanted to take a shower after the long ride there were no pressure in the shower it took me like 30 minute to wash my head after that I went to catch some afternoon nape. when I woke up I could not believe my eyes!!! the room was full of ants!!! I run to the reception this time I wanted only the manger in 2 minute they found me a bungalow right next to the beach. the bungalow was old full of mosquito's but better then the other two rooms I saw. it's ok to get shifty rooms when you pay les then 1000 baht, but when you pay that amount of money you don't want to suffer for 3 nights and that's how I felt I spend the whole day out just that I won't have to be in the room.
in general all I want to say is that you should never believe the pictures they put on the web site!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo