“I do not recommend this place” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crystal Dive Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Crystal Dive Resort
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
“I do not recommend this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Do not stay at the Resort rooms . If you come to dive , it is best to stay in a normal hotel nearby. The service is terrible , the rooms are old . I paid the service dive center with the help of my credit card. Seven days later, my card without my knowledge, took off $ 1 , apparently to test. I blocked the card , and after a while my card already tried to remove a larger amount. Tried to buy tickets to the transport company in Russia . This card I have nowhere else was paying , but in Crystal Dive Resort and it could make the Russian staff, I'm sure. English-speaking staff is nice and courteous , no complaints , but with regard to Russian - the complete opposite .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Alnedin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

So first off, apologies for writing so late. I promised this review back in September but have just got round to it!

My boyfriend and I travelled around Asia from June-September this year.

Our experience at Crystal Dive Resort was most definitely one of the highlights.

Yes, the accommodation isn't brilliant. For what we paid for, I'll admit I expected better, but then that's not why we were there.

The staff were great and I have to mention a HUGE thank you to our Dive Instructor, Yasmin Haque. At 22, she was our age yet had an answer to every question and the confidence of an actual mermaid.

I'm not a bad swimmer and was fine during the training. As soon as we got into the sea however, a wave of sheer terror and panic came over me and I just couldn't bring myself to go down.

Yasmin, stayed with me, calmed me down and took me down at my own pace. Due to limited time, we only managed to complete our DSD (Discover Scuba Diving) but both fully intend to come back next summer and get our PADI Open Water Qualification.

My only hope is that Yasmin is still there to train us again!

Overall, thank you so much to Crystal for creating one hell of a memory.

Room Tip: When choosing a room, if you are taking a PADI course, the rooms are free and with a DSD course, the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Such a disappointment

We went to Thailand last year and decided that we would visit the island of Koh Tao. We booked a bungalow at this hotel without really knowing anything about it.
How disappointed were we when we arrived. The welcome was cold and unfriendly. The bungalow was not clean and not looked after. The swimming pool was monopolized by divers taking lessons and when it was free the chlorine was anyway so strong there was no way someone could have bathed without risking skin problems!
Our overall stay in Koh Toa was great and the island is amazing. I will be happy to go back but will never recommend this hotel or go back myself!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lucile L
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had the best time on Koh Tao staying at Crystal!
The dive instructors are amazing, they take you through everything at a pace right for you and are also really lovely. The pool is really good to learn basics in, and the boat boy when you go diving is really really helpful. We had Sandra, she was lovely and really friendly and knowledgeable.
We went for the 10000 baht option, because the rooms for the 9000 were a bit of a treck away from the beach and dive school.
Our rooms were very basic, but the fans were very good and the beds were comfortable.
The toilets were western style which is always a bonus, but be careful not to use too much toilet roll as the toilets are prone to blocking!
WiFi is available in the restaurant, lobby, pool and beach area and is pretty reliable.
The hotel staff seem a bit distant at first but they are all very friendly and happy to help with any problems you may have.
Would love to go diving here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rosie_92_13
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was looked after from the day I arrived at Crystal but was dissapointed by the state of te resort, very basic rooms poor equipment and not even a roll of toilet paper??
I met with my instructor Yasmin and straight away forgot about the shabby resort and focused on the diving. I was petrified to start of with having never been diving before but a good thing i can say about this resort is the instructors. Yasmin was extremly patient with me through out the whole course, she made sure I was completely comfortable and ready to dive before we started the real dives. I could tell Yasmin loved her job and loved to dive i felt very safe in her hands and to be honest i dont think I would have done the course if she hadnt of been so caring and patient with me and then it a clicked. Now I can say that i love diving and this has started a new phase for me. Thankyou Yaz hope we can dive again together someday in the future :-) highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Cecillaa76
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

03.09.13

Ok, I will start with the diving.. The diving experience was brilliant and my instructor Scott was very good. I did the open water dive over a 4 day period.

The first day was just classroom work and was a bit frustrating but when you actually get diving I was very surprised how this information comes into play. The one thin I learnt is you cannot just go diving without all the pre work that you.

We had six people in our class and it was a great laugh the minute we got the gear on and into the pool.

The two days we did in the open water was just amazing. I can honestly say I would of loved to have done the advanced course but I ran out of time. Just be patient with the training and believe me when I say you will love the dives!!!.

The accommodation is very poor and I would recommend upgrading if possible.. The reason for the no toilet paper is no different from most places as its to do with the dumping of waste in the sea. The 4 days we spend was not that bad as we were never in the room as you are out for most of the day.

In the end the resort is fantastic and the people working there are always wiling to help and make the diving safe.

And definitely buy the DVD in the end.

Great time and cheers Scott.
L.A

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Impey1606
Ulsan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Crystal dive resort is the place for diving in Koh Tao it has nearly every PADI course and speciality you can think of here. Some great people here as well.

The free bungalow I got on my diving course was ok for the backpacker style of traveling, but if you want something more try one of the upgrades that they have on offer or another place. I wasnt expecting much for free accommodation, the bungalow I got had two beds a toilet and a shower. It was clean enough but it would have been nice to have possibly had a chair, tv, toilet roll. If you are in one of the bungalows at the top of the hill behind crystal just bring some earplugs for the roosters. That freely give you a wake up call every morning.

I did see some of the other people i met on he course bungalows that were also the free ones and they had a nicer standard compared to my one. They are in a nice central location to everything, plenty bars and resturants nearby. The free wifi at crystal is very slow there I dd get wifi in my bungalow for two days when I arrived but then it stopped. Try going to cafe del sol for some good wifi speed.

The diving course that I took was great instructors do a great job trying to deal with students all arrond the world and in diffrent languages. The dive locations they take you to are great many things to see down there.

Room Tip: Try and ask for one of the bungalows at the far end ofte beach much nicer down there and you even ge...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo