Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews open water my girlfriend instructor courses dive skills accommodation beard cristal rescue tao guy ko
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Advantages – free transfer from Sairee Beach, very organised, well priced, safety conscious, instructors were great (many speaking in various languages), small dive groups, large boats, good equipment, great dive locations and enthusiastic staff on board the boat.

Disadvantages – absolutely none!

I am always concerned with safety and my scuba dive club in Sydney recommended this place and it was fantastic. Even though the visibility when I went was not that great the experience was still fun. We were one of the lucky groups that saw a Whale Shark.

I also did a night dive but if you have not done one before (even though I was an Advanced Diver) they make you do a mini course by reading a book (which I had already read in my Padi course) and answering some questions. You will also need to pay almost double a standard dive. This would be the only thing that I do not recommend. I didn’t learn anything new on this but I’m sure that Crystal dive seek that everyone does this for safety.

I recommend this dive school to anyone going to Kho Tao. You will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed December 16, 2012

What a great place to learn or just fun dive. The staff are so friendly. Diving in Koh Tao is not Number 1 in the world but what you get is an inexpensive, comprehensive, professional and all out great diving experience. Only about £18.00 a dive including all equipment and boat While we were there a small group completing their open water dived with a whale shark!!! Wow!! Lucky !! Not a bad way to start. Diving at Crystal is cheap but safe and extremely friendly. Justin, Cameron,Brandon. Jenny x 2 Neill all made it memorable. Can't wait to go back.
Chris and Tracy

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We lost our Scuba virginity on Ko Tao. We did the PADI open water course with Dutch instructor Bonnie, which was great since we are Dutch too! Additionally, an Australian Divemaster named Kevin was with us all the time. So we had 2 instructors on 4 students, which is rare I think! Great for us newbies of course! Location of the diving school is great: On the beach at walking distance from the pier. Nice little village with lots of restaurants and bars. The atmosphere in and around this diving school is very relaxed, but ambitious at the same time. Everybody wants to learn and improve which is great! Although our diving group was only 4, the boat was packed with other instrucors and groups. This didn't bother us, but later during our holiday, we discovered in Vietnam that an intimate trip with only very few divers is also great and special! Diving @Cristal Dive was a highlight in our holiday! Thanks, Bonnie!

Room tip: We wanted airconditioning and hence, slept in an appartment complex 2 minutes away. Simple room, clean! We can't say anything about the bungalows. After the diving course we could stay in the room in this complex (8000 Bath), which is not owned by Cristal Dive.
Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very basic yet natural accommodation option for those partaking in dive trips. I took the cheapest option and got a fan room, TV didn't work, and the bungalow was too far from the office for the wi-fi to work. The numbering of the bungalows can be confusing, try and get someone to lead you to your room so you don't need to go searching for it. The lack of amenities is almost made up for by having a beach nearby and quite a few bars and restaurants. There is a bar beside the dive office that opens at 5. The dive company was great and I'd recommend them. On dive days, you can get a significantly reduced rate on accommodation, about 50% off. Don't forget to take all of your towels down to the office when you check out. Was expecting more, but the price is right and Ko Tao is too nice to be in your room all of the time anyway so I'd recommend it.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We went to Crystal Dive Resort because we met the owner in Ko Phanang.
Very nice guy!
Once arrived at Crystal the people where very nice to us.
Our dive instructor was more than nice!!
She was great!
And that is what makes my expierience at Crystal still good.
The people who work there are nice and they know what they do and you will feel very safe with them.

The bad thing of this is the room.
But ok what do you expect you pay almost nothing for it.
Atleast as long you are on your course.

And the other bad thing what gave me a very bad taste is at the end of your diving course you will finish in the evening.
So you will stay one more day offcourse to sleep.
They dont tell you that you then have to pay 1500 baht for the room.
That is just a shame.
And i felt very ripped off!!

Room tip: Look for the extra day that they dont charge you 1500 baht!!
Date of stay: September 2012