“Great diving away from the crowds!”

ACE Marine Expeditions
Ranked #52 of 103 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An extraordinary diving, and tour operator for those who wish get away from the crowds and experience diving in a private, small group setting. All diving courses are available from beginner to professional. We offer diving and luxury speedboat trips around Koh Tao, to Sail Rock, and Ang Tong Marine Park. Catering especially to underwater image makers as we have been doing in these waters for 18 years. If you don't wish shoot images then don't worry, this is still the best option for divers who want to experience the best underwater marine life around. We operate our own dive boats with plenty of space and the most experienced crew. All courses are offered with maximum ratios of 2 students to 1 instructor. Family, friends, weddings, honeymoons, and group packages are available.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

On meeting Heather first impressions were warm, professional and reassuring to my wife, the less confident of the two of us. We were met at our hotel and were then taken to the pier where we met Andy and Carlos our instructor who talked us through every detail and made us feel relaxed and at ease. The equipment was brand new, lunch and refreshments were included and the underwater camera was free to use as we wished (something often charged at an additional fee by other companies).

All in all a very enjoyable experience, Carlos was very competent while Andy and Heather were warm and chatty. For a company that has been running for less than a year they have a great system in place and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Would highly recommend- a bit more expensive but totally worth it. We had the boat to ourselves which is a real treat when compared to other tours which carry scores of divers at a time!

2  Thank GrahamHarr
imagemarine, Owner at ACE Marine Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2015

I loved reading this, exactly what we aim for, right on the mark and it's great that you appreciate the efforts of our whole crew who work tirelessly to put on a seamless expedition each time. Thanks so much.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I cannot say enough about ACE Marine Expeditions. Although I was hesitant to go diving, Heather met with the four of us (two couples) and eased my mind. I am so glad I listened to her because the experience was incredible. We had the boat to ourselves with two diving instructors, Andy (who gave us coffee, sandwiches, beer and sparkling wine on our way back) and if that wasn't enough there was also a photographer! Me being the nervous one in the group, I asked if I could have an instructor to myself incase I felt like I couldnt go as far down as the others. This was not a problem, one of the two instructors held on the me the whole time during the first dive and frequently checked to see if I was okay. I felt so safe and was having so much fun that I didnt realize I had gone down the furthest! By the second dive I felt confident and excited! The whole experience was fantastic!

We are so pleased that you had such a positive experience with us. It is our pleasure to be able to help you. This is one of the many great advantages of not operating for the mass market, it gives us the ability to take care of every individual's needs and wishes. Thanks for the review and congratulations.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Our group of four (two couples) spent a day diving with Ace Marine in June of 2014 and can't say enough about how great the experience was. We chose Ace because of how the perks they offer over other companies. When deciding to sign up, Heather (owner) was thorough in explaining all that they offer and helping ease the mind of one hesitant diver in our group. Ace provided us with one Dive Master per two divers as well as an underwater photographer. What was also amazing is that we had the boat to ourselves. When you pass other boats with 30+ divers in the water, you begin to realize how much nicer it is to have your own space and actually get to enjoy the dive without being crowded underwater. We were also given our own underwater camera to take our own pictures of our experience. On the boat, Andy (owner) was a great host while out on the boat. The two dive sites we visited offered a great view of coral and many species of wildlife. Lastly, the beer and sparkling wine on the trip back to the docks was the perfect way to finish off a great day. Couldn't recommend Ace Diving more!

imagemarine, Owner at ACE Marine Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2015

Thanks for the review and for diving with ACE Marine Expeditions.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I chose ACE Marine expeditions to do scuba diving during our honeymoon at Koh Tao. It was amazing! Very nice and friendly staff. Very different and better than the other diving schools because they avoid the crowd of the other diving schools by choosing different spots. We had a great time and we really recommend ACE Marine expeditions.

I am glad we were able to share our love of the ocean with you at such a special time for you both. Thanks for joining us and for leaving such a lovely review.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Ace have a USP of being small groups and diving trips with a bespoke feel.
When i dived with Owner Andy and Dive Master Paddy there was only one other diver on the boat one the four separate days i dived with them.
Diving groups no bigger than ten means you'd never have more than 15 people on the boat (including staff) which is unheard of for any other dive company on the island.
Can't wait to get back out there, i would recommend ACE to anyone interested in a real stress free diving experience on Koh Tao.

1  Thank originaljubba

Great review, thanks. Our maximum group size is 2 to 1 guide. 10 is the absolute maximum number of customers that we are willing to take on the boat that is capable of carrying much more. In reality we usually have only 2 to 6 customers per trip, this is how we operate and this is how I like to dive.