Review Highlights
Best Freediving experience!

I did a couple fun dives with Big Blue Freediving, and it was the best Freediving experience I have... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
lhmay
Koh Tao, Thailand
via mobile
Great experience

I took an option of Fun FreeDive which consisted of 2 parts: training with line and fun dive in... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
mohanister

All reviews free diving better understanding big blue great instructor felt comfortable and safe breathing depth skills jp equipment dives scuba confidence ocean classes
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Amazing instructors made Big Blue an unbelievable place to learn how to freedive. Emil taught the 2 day course and had all three of us holding our breath for at least 2 minutes and 15 seconds and diving to over 20 meters by the end of the second day, all in a stress-free environment. A great sport to learn to push yourself and your limits. Its all in your head! ;) Thanks for an awesome course and uncovering a new passion Big Blue!

Date of experience: December 2013
2  Thank Paullyc3773
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Had a great year end freediving training thanks to Emil and Lubo!
I had a tight schedule but they did the best to accommodate, gave professional advice, and shared lots of great experiences they had in freediving in all over the world. At first I got trained by the professionals Flavia and Pepe, and since then keep coming back.
Definitely will come back again soon!

Date of experience: December 2013
1  Thank Chinono-tai
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Set on Sairee Beach. Fantastic, super-friendly Staff - emphasis on Environment protection, Dive safety. If in doubt Do it - if you want fun - Blue it!

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank stoffel45
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Once again I have returned to my favourite rock in the South China Sea, Koh Tao is a tiny island nestled in the bosom of the Thai Gulf and is one of the best places in the world to learn how to SCUBA dive. Earlier this year, I made this paradise my home while I faced my fears and literally took the plunge into the deep blue unknown, opening up a whole new world of adventure and amazement which has changed my life forever.
I could hardly wait to come back and Big Blue Diving welcomed me home again with the same amazing hospitality that they treated me to the last time. Thanks to Big Blue, I am now a certified Rescue Diver and also qualified in Deep and Nitrox diving.
Having quit cigarettes about 2 months ago, I have been working hard at reconditioning my body and Big Blue presented me with yet another opportunity to test myself: freediving.
I had not been able to hold my breath beyond 30 seconds for some time now and it worried me that I would be unable to make the grade, but my fears were quickly diminished thanks to the kind and gentle instruction and support afforded to me by Big Blue's freediving dynamic duo of Pepe and Flavia. These wonderful people are extremely skilled and knowledgeable, not to mention that they are also acclaimed national record holders in their own right and are both very passionate about the sport. Flavia's yoga background lends itself perfectly to the instruction on relaxation and breath control and her sunny personality makes learning fun. Pepe is an adventurous soul and taught me that many of our preconceived limits and literally just that, they exist only in the mind.
It amazed me that after just the first day that I could hold my breath for well over 2 minutes and by the second day, I was almost up to 4!
The real challenge however was putting the water skills into actual use and with courage and patience and loving support from my mentors, I was able to achieve a dive depth of 20 meters and back, all on one breath of air for 1 minute and 40 secs!
How about that!
Thanks to Pepe and Flavia and of course Big Blue diving, my life continues to become richer and more fulfilled. Limits are constantly being surpassed and peaceful happiness is more and more a reality.
So until we meet again, may God continue to protect you Koh Tao.

Date of experience: September 2013
2  Thank TriniSeanos
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I recently completed my level 2 and 3 freediving course with Big Blue Freediving Koh Tao. If you had told me that I would have ever reached 40m I would not have believed you. After just 1 week of training I managed to double my previous PB. Pepe and Flavia are extremely professional and run an exciting course with a huge emphasis on safety. If you have ever thought about freediving this is defiantly the place to learn or further you skills in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Date of experience: September 2013