All reviewsa great place to meetnice common areafree breakfastsocial hostelair conmet great peoplefavourite hostelthree nightsthe main striphammockstvwifijunglemattressesasia
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking to have the time of your life and meet amazing people, stay at spicy. It's the place to be for a solo traveller, because of the layout and vibe, you are guaranteed to integrate and make friends and become part of the big spicy family.

Swing in a hammock all day watching movies, then drink the night away. Or go on one of the frequent organised tours - snorkelling, or to the best sunset view bar on the island. They often have an in-house BBQ with some of the tastiest chicken and pork & not to forget Tak's super special [--] sauce. Jungle juice night can also be fun... Ask at reception ;)

Personally I was supposed to stay for a night or two in spicy, but in total I think it was closer to a month, the place just sucks you in and feels like home. Thanks to te Sligo boys and Jain, I'll be back to spicy again, sooner or later.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I loved my time at Spicytao! It is by far the best backpackers to stay at in Koh Tao and one of my favorites in my 4 months of traveling in SE Asia. The owner is really helpful as are the Irish guys running it now. They made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived and were a lot of fun as well. It's really social there so it was easy to make friends to go out and hang with if you are solo. The fan dorms were really nice and clean and you can't beat the price! Cheapest beds on Koh Tao for sure. They also have a large loungin area complete with a flat screen and ENDLESS amounts of movies and tv shows for those afternoons when your hangover just won't go away. I also really loved the location as it is only a few minutes walk from the heart of it all (Sairee beach and bars/restos) but it's tucked away in a nice, natural outdoor setting so you escape the chaos and can chill with nature (and a dog, some cats, Charlie the crazy chicken) and really enjoy island life. The guys also organize a lot of activities, bbq's, onward travel, taxis to the Castle Party, etc. and are a wealth of knowledge. They are eager to help and keep everyone happy, not to mention they are hilarious ;) Even one night there wasn't a bed available for me so they let me sleep in a hammock since I didn't want to go to another hostel. Overall I had an AMAZING time there, stayed longer than anticipated and was sad to leave due to the family I'd found and made. If you want to have a great time with really cool, fun, friendly, social people and stay in a nice place for a great price- stay here. I miss Spicytao and would (and did!) recommend it to everyone on their way to Koh Tao. It's the best!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I came to Koh Tao and intended to stay for about four days but ended up staying nearly two weeks because I had such a blast at Spicytao and didn't want to leave. I met some amazing people staying here and the social atmosphere was great. The guys running the hostel were a big part of why the place was so much fun. They plan snorkeling trips, BBQ's and other things that will make your stay in Koh Tao completely memorable. This was one of my favorite hostels during all of my travels throughout SE Asia, make sure to check it out!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jenna S
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Met some great people & for the price Spicy really couldn't be beat :) the beds were good, breakie included & I loved the communal area & how social & friendly everyone was! Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

The actual plan was staying for about 4 days but just couldn't leave!! Super staff, great people, an amazing place - felt like home!! Breakfast is included and barbecues as well as dinners and snorkeling trips are being organized to make your stay even more unforgettable!
Thanks guys, definitly will come back!! :)
ps: you people should better book in advance ;)

• Stayed: June 2013