“Love this little spot!”
Review of Raw Art Moovment

Raw Art Moovment
Ranked #11 of 20 Nightlife in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Raw Art Moovment- a community gallery to socialize and create art with a glass of wine or a chilled delicious beer.We are a venue for artists, musicians and free people to come paint, write, practice and be inspired.Families Welcome.Art Studio & Workshop, Cafe & Bar, Art Classes 4 Kids & Adults. Special Events,Mad Hatters Tea & Paint Party every Tuesday, Sunday Jam Sessions, Open Jam every night, RAW KIDS Day camp (activities and entertainment for children of all ages) Rooftop Garden,Stunning Ocean Views,Cool Sea Breeze, Chillout Areas.
Reviewed October 9, 2013

A fantastic spot to relax and hang out. Everyone is warm and friendly and there is always a great atmosphere. Sunday Jam nights are great fun, and we are always surprised at how many talented people are around. Anyone can get up and contribute although there are regular folks that play as well .Its off the beaten track so its not full of silly people straight off the beach...

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Raw Art Sunday Jam Session is quickly becoming a highlight of the week for locals and visitors alike. The hosts Denny & Lisa are the driving force with their passion and enthusiasm making sure no-one leaves disappointed, not to mention the fact that the music simply rocks with some incredible musicians teaming up! If you play an instrument or sing then this is the place for you, no judgment's only heartfelt support and encouragement to join in and give it a go. And if you don't have a musical talent to show off then no worries, just party on into the wee hours and soak up this amazing experience. 10/10!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Heard about the place from a friend who used to life on the island. She's always helpin me share my poetry, she told me to go check out this jam session. And I'm extremely glad I did. Not only were they happy to get me up there between the bands to drop some rhymes, my buddy got up and sang/howled with the band too. Wonderful, soulful people are runnin this place. It was a really excellent night, sangria and all!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

It was late April early May. I had traveled to Koh Tao to learn to dive (a bucket list thing) but because I'd come down with a flu like illness I could dive at all. I had spent several days in bed only to get up enough energy to get out for lunch & dinner (soup only). The night of the Raw Art Bar jam I discovered The Jam sessions by accident. I was feeling quite ill & flu like & managed enough energy to drag myself out bed & out of my condo to go eat dinner. I saw the poster for the jam lying in the gutter with water flowing over it. Till this I'd been too ill to wander far from my air con, given it was so hot. After eating I headed out to find the jam. I'd thought that I could check it out & if it wasn't my scene I'd just go home to the air con & chill. I looked for the land mark that was mentioned on the poster, but feeling unwell, I'd headed in the wrong direction to Sairee. I asked someone there where the landmark was & realizing that it was in the opposite direction & after the hot sweaty walk & feeling quite drenched, I almost gave up. But I walked back to Mae Haad where I found the land mark & wandered up the hill to find the Raw Art Bar. As I walked in I was greeted with friendly hellos from some Aussie girls I'd met that day. I headed over the far side of the deck to sit, cool off & dry out. A duo was playing some jazz standards & the age group was 20-40ish, so (over 50) I was feeling a little like a fish out of water. The duo finished & a solo guy played. When he finished The barman (Denny) yelled across the bar" Can anyone play an instrument & want to jam". I decided that I'd give it a go. I put up my hand & promptly said that I didn't have a guitar. Denny said he had one for me. So I stepped up to the jam & was jamming with the young solo guy. We played for what seemed like an hour. Jamming over anything & everything he could play. I was drenched again from sweat. The audience seemed to like what we were doing. I was just improvising. I hadn't played for so long. When We finished I couldn't play anymore because I had huge blisters on the ends of all my left hand fingers. Denny was over the moon at the performance. Lisa and Denny, along with others, expressed that they really enjoyed the jam. Denny was telling me about how he had a great time in Australia at Byron Bay (My Home). I was on a natural high. A stark contrast to how I was feeling (down) prior to this & I'd met some really nice people here & had some great conversations. I can highly recommend the Raw Art Bar where anything might happen to make your night. You will meet some nice people there. I'd go back there ASAP. Next time (hopefully) I'd go prepared & with one of my guitars. Ha,ha,ha. This place has a great feel about it. I'd love to do a regular jam there. They also give back to the community with Art projects for kids. That's what I'd do if I lived there. Music for kids (hint hint). Beautiful part of the world, could really live there. Say Hi to Lisa and Denny from me.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been to Tao many times and this is the first time i had the pleasure of discovering Raw Art. Away from the crowds Tao continues to gather, Raw Art gives a relaxing bohemian environment to start your evening (Be warned there is many a chance you will not leave until the end of your evening).

The variety of musical talent keeps you entertained from local artists to those just passing through for a one night jam. The owners and bar staff maintain an upbeat joyous environment hard to find anywhere else.

Me and my traveling trio could not help but spend most of our nights singing along to the mass of musical talent while sharing stories and jokes with travellers.

You can not help but leave Raw Art with a smile on your face and a desire for more. Make sure to make it to BBQ nights where you can share a meal with some of Tao's finest farang community.

Even if you only have one night on Tao, make it a night at Raw Art and you will not regret it. I know i will be back