“Stunning photography”

The Gallery
Ranked #26 of 52 things to do in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Gallery is a photo gallery exhibiting photos by long time local photographer Chris Clark who offers himself on hand for gallery tours and helpful information about the pictures from 10am until 10pm. Featuring pictures from Koh Tao, above and below the water, as well as images from further afield around Thailand.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend came here after we had just eaten at The Gallery restaurant next door. My girlfriend loves her photography and I love my diving and marine life so we're both blow away by some of the shots Chris (the photographer) had captured. A real mix of styles with his 360 panoramic "world" pics which were amazing to some of the shots of Whale shark and turtles as well as numerous island shots. We got talking to Chris whilst we were in there and he was more than happy to chat away to us about his life on the island and how he took some of his shots. We met about 45 mins in there and both bought some prints which are very reasonably priced. Have got his web address as there was a large whale shark shot that I plan on making centre piece in my lounge! No room I. Suitcase but Chris can ship them over. Definitely worth a visit whilst your on the island, forget the tacky souvenirs get some decent art work of some stunning photography from this place.

2  Thank Gareth C
imagemarine, Owner at The Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2015

Great review, very nice to meet you, so happy that you like my art.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend this place for a nice meal out in Koh tao. Lovely place, nice atmosphere, friendly owner and most importantly great food at a reasonable price. They have tried hard and succeeded to create an excellent dining experience. Recommend booking as it's quite small and everyone when we were there including us seemed to have booked. Take a look in the gallery afterwards for some brilliant photography of Koh Tao, get your postcards here!

Thanks for the review, glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Whilst spending the night in Ko Tao the Gallery was recommended to us by a friend, Chris and his wife were very warm and welcoming, the massage was the best I have ever had and never in a long time has my back been pain free!! the meal after was totally amazing, can strongly recommend the coconut curry if you..... like me..... do not like it too spicy! and the gallery, the pictures really captured the island and what the island is about, a definite must see!!!

We aim to deliver a complete sensory experience and it seems that it hit the spot, thanks for sharing.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

If you dive or appreciate good photography the gallery is a must to visit. These prints of above & below the ocean are unbelievable & for a very reasonable price you can have it shipped home.
The print gallery is the entry to the best massage spa on the island & next to thier restaurant also best food on island.
The Gallery is a must!!!!

What an amazing review, thanks so much, come again soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had a marvelous dinner last year (Feb. 2013) at The Gallery (see my previous review), when the photo exhibit and the spa were not yet opened, and I had promised myself to go back on my next visit. As with my previous visit, the food was once a gain as delicious treat, as I had expected. However, this time (Feb. 2014), the unexpected treat was the spa. True to its original concept to delight the senses by providing gourmet food in a relaxing ambiance that combines a tasteful decor with relaxing music, The Gallery's spa goes way beyond the usual massage experience found in most spas to provide a full sensory experience. Yes, a massage there is more expensive, but the value you get is more than worth it. Not only did I get massaged by one of the best masseuse I've ever met, but the whole experience reaches to all your senses: the orange decor in low light providing a stimulating yet relaxing view, the small water fountains providing playful water sounds that mix with the soft music, all this combined with the scented oil's fragrance creates the feeling that you have been transported to another place for the time of your massage (I got the full 2-hour Thai massage). The first such massage was such a great experience that I went for it again 4-5 times (2-hour massage every time; a real Thai massage requires the 2 hours). Massage at The Gallery is definitely at the top of my list for my next visit in Koh Tao.

Thanks for the review, glad that you enjoyed the whole package. A complete sensory experience indeed.