“My diving experience”

Ranked #25 of 102 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Deutsch-sprachige Tauchkurse auf Koh Tao
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I was recommended Ban's because it was the best known diving center in Koh Tao. However, my experience was not the best... my husband and I checked in and asked for the room with air-con for £12, the room was alright but the loo was with the sewage open! It smelled horrible! The huts in just 3 mins walk, in front of the beach, for less, are much better than this.

Anyway, we thought I'll be doing my Open Water course therefore we won't be spending much time in these rooms. I was in shock, I asked my course to be in Spanish because it's my mother tongue AND I didn't want to be part of those 18 people group for English Open Water course with just one instructor in charge...(that's right...I counted 18 people and 1 instructor doing the pool work...)
Nonetheless, being handed between 4 different Spanish instructors is not great either, luckily (I think) one apprentice (dive master) decided to teach me, he was good in the sense he taught me every single detail about my course. Although, impersonal and unfriendly did not make the diving an joyable experience. Additionally, I could be wrong, but I didn't think a Dive Master was allowed to teach without an Instructor present (?).

Fortunaly, I did my advanced open water course in an amazing diving center on the same island just a couple minute walk North up the beach, Scuba Junction, which compensated this bad experience. If you want to learn PLEASE go there instead. Not the factory that is Ban's diving.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I was here for almost 2 years back in 2004-06 great place for longer sustained training at whateer level you would like to be at. Train more people than anywhere else in the world.

Can be a little crowded at times but this can also add to the fun experience and great parties afetr courses.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Me and my brother stayed there for 4 nights after the full moon party, we opted for a nice hotel instead of the usual hostel's we was staying in! It was worth paying three times the price we was usually paying for our accommodation for which we got private room, good a/c,power shower and tv. All of which we wasn't usually getting.

To get real value in price for hotel room rate you are best of doing a diving course with them otherwise its Abit pricey for backpackers.

We done a day diving course which was good! Only three of us in the group so the day was dragged out as we done all the training and activities quickly, I imagine it would be a right laugh with a group of friends!!

BUT!!!!!

The staff in the reception are so disgustingly rude! Its was really grating on me by the end of our stay!!! They all sat in there on Facebook speaking thai over and through you as if you wasn't there! They weren't very helpful and they never ever said thank you (which included when i was handing over my cash)!

But if you can see past the rude reception its a great place to stay!!

Ps this would be 5 stars if it wasn't for the staff

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend took a beginners scuba diving class last week with Bans and we were delighted we chose them. We were lucky that the day we chose coincided with the full moon party on koh phangan so our class was just the two of us which made the experience all the more rewarding as we had the full attention of the dive instructor and dive master.

Our instructor for the day was Hisako and we found her to be excellent - she clearly explained and demonstrated all the techniques we would need to employ in order to successfully dive, during our training session in the pool, and then out at sea she made us feel at ease and was patient with us. She was assisted by a dive master who guided me under the sea while Hisako guided my girlfriend.

The sea was rough the day we dived so we weren't taken to the best dive spot, however we still felt the experience was v rewarding and would recommend Bans to anyone looking to dive on the island. I would advise to bring some spare clothes for after you dive however as you will be cold when you come back out of the sea!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here for diving school which was nice. Nut the hotel was bad: everything in our first room (deluxe, pool) was broken and run down. When we asked for another room we got a hilltop bungalow which was nice but not cleaned on the first day. The employees were very rude and always gave you the feeling to disturb them... They never really tried to help you and the female chef in the reception did not even look at us - we didnt even hope for a simple thank you- when we payed the bill. Never again.

4  Thank misterneuen