“They do not even look at you!”
Review of Ban's Diving

Ban's Diving
Ranked #27 of 103 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Deutsch-sprachige Tauchkurse auf Koh Tao
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here for diving school which was nice. Nut the hotel was bad: everything in our first room (deluxe, pool) was broken and run down. When we asked for another room we got a hilltop bungalow which was nice but not cleaned on the first day. The employees were very rude and always gave you the feeling to disturb them... They never really tried to help you and the female chef in the reception did not even look at us - we didnt even hope for a simple thank you- when we payed the bill. Never again.

4  Thank misterneuen
in 5 reviews
"life long friends"
"large boat"
in 2 reviews
"feel safe and confident"
"great instructor"
in 9 reviews
"class size"
"taking care"
in 4 reviews
"would highly recommend this place"
"watermelon"
"night dive"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Top week had by the boys with instructors Jaffa and Gary. PADI courses completed with 2 instructors and a divemaster between 3 students.

Couldn't of asked for a better experience. Make sure u ask for these instructors and you'll be guaranteed a great time.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

When doing my Open Water Course there were a few small things I wanted to make sure of: That I would have an experienced and attentive instructor, that the classes were small, that they would let me dive with asthma, that they had access to internet, central location and my own room because I wanted to have good sleeps while learning to dive. I talked to several places ranging in price and I was most impressed with Roctopus - however I ended up going with Bans as it was 800baht cheaper (Roctopus being the most expensive I saw and wouldn't budge on price. The cheapest being Phoenix but it didn't have good reviews). Ban's gave me a good discount and could sense I was worried about diving so they put me in a class of 8 with 2 instructors; one being the most experienced instructor there: Jens. Jens was more than awesome. He gave all of us individual attention and was so enthusiastic about everything you could help but enjoy yourself even when you were shitting yourself. Although this place has been referred to as a dive factory I still felt I was being fully looked after. After hearing the history of the owners (two sisters who use profits to buy out land so that the island cannot become completely covered in Resorts like Koh Samui) I felt a lot better about using them. My class and I made strong friendships with each other and the instructors and I even stayed extra days just to do my Adventure Diver Course with Jens!

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I decided to complete my PADI OW at Bans after hearing from another traveller that it was good school.

I was a little unsure at first due to the size of my class though everyone managed to fit and the instructors along with the dive masters made it a very safe and fun environment to learn in.

The dive sites where nice and I was lucky to have some decent visibility for most of the time. The boat masters where organised and made you feel welcome on a boat full of people.

After my second day of diving and completing the course I was totally hooked to diving and will certainly head back to complete further education.

Definitely recommend to anyone seeking a dive certification.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

After completing our OW course, we stayed on for AOW and intend to come back as soon as money allows.

We began the course with Steve as our instructor, who taught us flawlessly. He transformed seemingly overwhelming theory into bite-sized chunks of easy to understand knowledge. He transferred his passion for diving over to us, and turned any anxiety into excitement.

As there were 10 of us in the course, we were split into 2 sub-groups for the practical sections. We then had Mark Hadden as our instructor, and he made the journey from nervous newbie to competent and comfortable diver an unforgettable one.

You can tell that Mark is both a professional diver and a professional photographer because he has a natural ability to capture something special in his students, and enhance it into something great. Mark knows what each student is capable of and is enthusiastic to get the best out of each of them. He emits some sort of energy that makes you want to exceed yourself during every dive and gain more knowledge in between them.

You know you were taught well when the journey from not knowing to knowing a lot was an easy and fun one - and this is exactly how it was with Mark.