“AVOID ! ”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“AVOID ! ”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

It used to be the best place to get a massage and normally had 10-12 employers. Last year we got our daily massage there for 2 weeks.
Now they only have 1-2 employers, they told us.
We decided to give it a shot anyway and when we entered one girl was on the phone..and didnt even glance our way - the other girl was complaining to us about something in thai and we didnt understand the issue.
It was 7 pm, we were the only two customers and i could see at their customer-counting-board that they hadn't had any other customers that day.
We both ordered an aloevera-massage, which we had lots of at the same place last year, but this massage was a meaningless body-lotion-rubbing-on-skin. When i turned over and laid my head in the girls lap, i could smell she putted tigerbalm on my neck and chest and i felt her fingers coming to my face. When she putted the tigerbalm just below my eyes and under my nose i stopped her and asked what she was doing with the tigerbalm on my neck and in my face and she replied 'its good for you mam'.
I stopped the massage, ran to a zink to get water to rinse the tigerbalm of asap while it was burning and turning my skin all red. She told me that i should leave the tigerbalm on and they didnt have any running water, though they'd just washed our feet of in running water. She ended up giving me bottlewater in a tea-cup to rinse it off and i told her i needed water from the zink. Rolling her eyes with a sassy attitude she finally turned the water on so i could rinse off the tigerbalm. My skin was all red and sore and my eyes were running.
The girl kept telling me 'im sorry, im sorry - i thought you liked tigerbalm'...and i told her, that i dont have a problem with tigerbalm on my sore muscles, but i dont want it in my face or on my neck and i reminded her that i had ordered an aloevera-massage, not a tigerbalm-massage.
She told me, i should not pay the 450 baht for the massage, when i did not like it.
My boyfriend got the same massage, but without the tigerbalm. The woman who gave him the massage was very flirty and had asked him about some weird things...and she laughed at me when i ran to rinse the tigerbalm of.

The girl who gave me the massage offered me some ginger-tea and while i drank it (still rinsing my neck) she told me about her poor family, her sick mother and her bad working-conditions, which i found as a tempt of making me give her a tip now when she'd offered me not to pay for the massage.

When my boyfriend paid, they also charged money for my massage. We decided it wasnt worth the argue so we left - and will NEVER return!

2 Thank Leyla82

Whitstable, United Kingdom
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Good massage, good price, friendly staff!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We were staying opposite and decided to give this a try as it had good reviews. We went for an oil massage. It was very good, very relaxing! I have a back problem and she did a very good job on that.
Will be returning!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Traveller10205
Burgas, Burgas, Bulgaria
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Simeon and big brother”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

The best massage studio in Koh Tao! The best staff ever! You sould really visit that place! Search for Naang, Noi and Ya they really do great massages!

3 Thank Simeon K
Dhaka
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“Massage as the waters reach under your bed”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The center is really quite with sounds of the water rolling under your bed. Its amazing. Very lovely, enjoy long massages at 300 bhat per hour

Visited August 2012
2 Thank TheTaskin
Wakefield, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Adaptable Thai Massage”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

All massages in town are are the same price 300B per hour (Jun 13). Whilst the ones on the beach, massage you in an open tent in the heat, Sukon massage you in a spacious air con room. My feet were washed in a beautiful pebble bath and I changed into the clothing provided. I was suffering with neck problems and informed the masseuse of this. She spent the first portion of the massage working on my neck before moving on to the regular thai massage positions. My massage lasted the hour and afterwards I felt invigorated and my neck was alot better. When I came to pay she charged me considerably less than I was expecting - because time had been spent on my neck as opposed to totally on thai massage the cost was reduced. I was very impressed with the service and the facilities they had and would whole heartedly recommend them.

Visited June 2013