“Tranquil and relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tranquil and relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We visited for dinner as it was recommended by our dive school. The food is fantastic and the family atmosphere is lovely. The restaurant is right by the beach so you get to listen to the waves while not being eaten by mosquitos. Shame we weren't in Mae Had long enough for a return visit!

San Francisco, California
“Great food and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We dined here for dinner on the recommendation of our dive instructor. We wouldn't have otherwise walked in - it looks pretty unassuming from the outside. But the food and the view were great. We were seated near the beach and and a wonderful breeze wafted through the restaurant. My masseman (spelling?) vegetable curry was awesome -- it was unlike any masseman I had previously had; they used cashews instead of peanuts. Give it a try.

• Visited August 2013
New Mills, United Kingdom
“lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great Restaurant overlooking the beach. Thai food here is wonderful. We ate here quite a few times over the 11 nights we were there & food exceptional at all times. Staff friendly & service very good.

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

ok i avoided this place for a long time because of the guy thats constantly standing out the front and the fish market smell that looms in the area.
Another friend recommended it to me though so I tried it.
first time i went i had the goulash. it was so so so good. it had a very strong flavour, almost a little bit to strong but the speatzle balanced that out just enough. was one of the best dishes i have eaten in thailand.
The service was very nice. they are all burmese staff but there better than some others I have seen around the island. the young man in peticular seems to actually care and put effort into his work.
My friend also said they had good wifi when he recommended them to me... the first few times i went it was good but a few months later it didn't work. may have just been an off day.
My friend also recommended the breakfasts but I didn't find it that amazing, was just the standard thing you get at most places. it wasn't bad but I was a little bit dissapointed. oh and there were a lot of ants in my tea but that was swiftly taken care of.
anyway i returned here many times and really enjoyed it. the burgers are another thing that they have nailed. some of the best on the island. very big and filling and the actual pattie is well flavoured. they should drain them a bit though because they are also the greasiest burgers on the island.
I do like this place but i'm not real keen on it lately. the last time I went there the staff were all sitting around relaxing. I walked in and was completely ignored for 5 minutes. there were no other customers. i looked around for help but to no avail so i just walked out. out of the corner of my eye i saw one of them get up with a bit of urgency as if to tend to me but I was over waiting so I just kept walking. if it wern't for this I would have given it 4 stars.
One other thing. I'm not trying to be mean. i'm sure he's a cool guy and that but the guy with all the piercings that constantly stands at the front door isn't helping your business guys.
Having a break at the moment but may return again in future.
Oh and the price is a little bit expensive

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, good prices and overlooking the sea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We almost walked past this place as it doesn't look much from the road, but venture in and you realise that you are overlooking the beach. The food is delicious and at very good prices. The food is cooked really quickly in the open kitchen. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013