“One of the best relaxing yoga sessions ever. ”

Grounded Koh Tao's Wellbeing Center
Ranked #5 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Yoga, Tai Chi, self defense, healthy juices, nutrition education, meditation, AA and NA counseling, acupuncture, therapeutic massage and more.
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“One of the best relaxing yoga sessions ever. ”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Made a travelling friend on the way over to Koh Tao from Bangkok who also did yoga.

We met up later that evening to go and try to unwind and relax. She had found this place online and suggested we go there. It was a little bit out of the way but was fine because I had a scooter. We also drove past it but locals were only too happy to help.

When we got there, we were greeted by our trainer Asuka (French) who was very polite and pleasant.

She took us to like a pagoda with soft gravel and mats on the floor. We had a gentle session because there were two travellers who had never done it before and two other regular customers. Seven of us in total.

The session was great and really relaxing. Asuka was a brilliant teacher and we thoroughly enjoyed our session. She also had us doing acroyoga where we partnered up and had to balance each other. That was a lot of fun being balanced on he feet of a tiny girl on my hips ha ha.

After that we laid down and relaxed into a trance. Only cost 250 Baht and they have other types of sessions every day. Definitely worth a try to just relax and feel at one with everything even of you have never tried yoga before!

Kota Bharu, Malaysia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Tropical Thai Sanctuary”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

While in Koh Tao, this is a must for the yoga-inclined. Grounded is centrally located in Sairee Beach, but just removed enough to get out of the noise and into some peacefulness. The studio is a three sided traditional structure with a thatched roof and has lots of fans to keep the air moving.

The people here are fabulous and have diverse backgrounds, all of whom are divers. It is incredible how yoga improves the diving experience because of the calm created by the practice. Becoming gas-efficient under water employs the same awareness as pranayama (breathing discipline in yoga). It's a no-brainer. Experienced or not experienced, the classes are superb.

Classes here are exquisite because of the nicely maintained environment, but made even more so by the talented instructors who teach here. Whether you are here for a few days or a few months, this is definitely THE place in Koh Tao to get your yoga groove on...

Visited July 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best yoga introduction I could've hoped for”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Awesome place, never did yoga before, did yoga here for 5 weeks, and will keep on doing yoga for a long time. It's a really relaxed quiet place, away from the Sairee masses, and perfect for concentrating on your body. The teachers are awesome: Lilia is zen-ness itself and is so good at guiding you trough the postures, Azuka the acrobat can do things with her body you wouldn't think possible, and Jacky will give you a workout that you'll feel for at least the rest of the day...def give yoga a try here!!

(oh, and good work on getting a new spray for cleaning the mats, that person deserves a medal!)

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Laurens P
Oslo, Norway
“Yoga”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My first yoga experience, I really enjoyed it. The instructor was really good at showing and teaching a newbeginner as myself. I found muscles I never knew I had :)
I`m definitly going to continue yoga!

Visited March 2014
Hampshire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The most rewarding experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Faultless - after one month at grounded it has truly changed my life and I would recommend to anyone. The teachers are passionate with a genuine interest in the people that join their classes. The classes are never too crowded and offer a peaceful, natural environment and is so worth the cost (which is less that everywhere else on Koh Tao). The classes are suitable for everyone and the teachers all offer a different style of yoga and methods (all fantastic!). I am now struggling to find a teacher half as good, an absolute gem.

An experience of a lifetime - thank you grounded, I can't wait to go back!

Visited February 2014