“Incredible Diving Experience in Koh Tao”

Sairee Cottage Diving
Ranked #20 of 93 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: A medium size PADI 5 star diving school, focussing on quality PADI diving courses and fun diving trips. Located in the middle of the beautiful Sairee Beach with fantastic diving facilities on offer.
Vancouver, British Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible Diving Experience in Koh Tao”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I travelled to Koh Tao and stayed at Sairee Cottages. I have never been diving before and I thought it would be a great experience to learn how to dive in Thailand. My only concern was that perhaps the facilities and instructors were not up to par. Well I am happy to say that my experience was not what preconceived.

I originally signed up for the PADI Open Water course. My instructor, Nat McGhee, was as professional as they get. Nat walked my group through the course, taught us the course in detail and clarity, and was always available to answer questions. (Believe me, I always had questions). He took us out on our dives and was extremely knowledgable about the dive sites. He made sure that we were always safe but also allowed us to explore and enjoy our time in the water. He taught us different diving techniques, always communicated with us during our dives, and always had an eye on us. He made the experience comfortable and extremely enjoyable. Our group enjoyed it so much that 3 out of the 4 of us ended up doing the Advanced Open Water course with Nat and successfully completing it on the same trip.

The dives themselves were educational and so much fun. Nat has a passion for conserving the coral and the wildlife. It's great to see that he teaches conservation but also taught us how to interact and enjoy life under the sea with very little impact. I guess that was icing on the cake for me.

All the equipment was very good and well cared for. They have their own pool and it was right beside the diving center. Sairee Cottage Diving has their own air compressors so air quality is a non-issue. Plus, the location is the best in the Diving resort.

I recommend Sairee Cottage Diving to anyone who wants to learn how to dive. The experience was one that I'll never forget. I'll be back to do my rescue course and other certifications for sure. I hope Nat is there to teach me. If not, the quality of professionalism of the entire team was top notch and I would be comfortable learning from any of their instructors.

1 Thank Nick N

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stay here! Go diving! Do the things!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Planned on staying at Sairee Cottage for just long enough to do our open water diving, but loved it and ended up doing our advanced and staying more than two weeks!! (Not that it takes that long). My boyfriend and I did both our owc and advanced with Gaz and he was totally the man! We had a great time and when my bf got an ear infection and couldn't dive for a few days Gaz was super helpful and we just finished up our advanced course when he could dive again.

Great instructors, sweet dive spots, free accommodation with dive classes and a pool bar. If you are into those things, it's totally the place for you. I'm not allowed to curse on these things, but if I could, I would, just to emphasize what an excellent time it was.

1 Thank RoseyMouse
Berlin, Germany
“Absolutely Amazing !”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I went to Koh Tao with only one thought in my mind - DIVING! I did not book any accommodation or course and simply by walking on the Sairee beach I found a PERFECT place - Sairee Cottage Resort and Sairee Diving Centre. From the moment I walked in to the Sairee Cottage Diving Club I knew it was "the ONE". Emma (one of the dive masters) gave me a great introduction to all the courses and dive packages and I booked a pack of 6 fun dives.

The fun dive pack offers you a great flexibility. You can do your dives in the morning or afternoon and chose the days that are most convenient for you.

My first dive with Emma was absolutely amazing, she did explain everything with a great patience and passion. For the next 5 dives Gal was my dive-master. He is just a wonderful guy ! Diving with him was a pure pleasure - he knows all the sites inside out and can show you some wonderful things.

After my fun dive experience I didn't have enough, so I booked an extra night dive (Adventure dive). This time Geoff was my instructor and I have to admit that he was just a real sweetheart - very knowledgeable, extremely funny and very professional. It was my first night dive ( I am not a biggest fan of a dark) but it was a mind blowing experience and Geoff made it even more special !

Diving with Sairee Cottage was awesome. I have to say that I have been diving at several clubs in Europe and Egypt, but Sairee Cottage is the best one. Not only the equipment is great but people who work there are just like one big family. It was amazing to be part of it and meet the rest of the crew ( special love to Bobby ). I have to warn you though.... that Sairee Cottage passion is highly contagious, I completely fell in love with Koh Tao and diving and in few months I am going back to Sairee Cottage to do my DM course so I can live my dream life !!

1 Thank Nat_Klasicka
Berlin, Germany
“till next time”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

While searching for stay we came across Sairee Cottage and the Sairee Cottage Diving, being heartly welcomed by Emma explaining the different courses and possibilities, I signed up for the DSD to try diving. Spoiler: loved it!

Geoff made my first diving experience unforgettable and fun! In the morning we met up to get into the pool and go through everything before going for the ocean. It was Amazing, and I signed up for my Open Water Course.

Geoff is an excellent instructor! He was next to professional and competent, a lot of fun and had great patience. So much that from a DSD an Advanced diver was made! He explains it with so much love for diving (just like the rest of the team) that it is contagious.

Every one of the instructors and Dive masters are amazing people, professional but are able to have a great time as well! A big thank you for this great trip especially to Geoff, Bobby and Gal, and the rest of the team!

Last but not least: the boat was fantastic, and the equipment was in a great condition and I felt save and good using it.

1 Thank Simone G
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Perfectly Acceptable - Bad Instructor”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

From what I observed of the other divers taking their open water course, this company seems like a pretty good one to dive with. However, on a fun dive with the instructor Andre I was very disappointed.

First, the fun dives cost about 150-300 baht more per dive than what I could have paid at a different dive shop. Because they charge more, I really expected them to at least be up to par with the other companies I've dived with. However, given my dive master's (Andre) apathy and unfriendliness I didn't have great dives. The guy never introduced himself, never attempted to talk to my dive buddy or me, was rude, and at the end never asked how the dives were / offered to help fill out my dive book. I've had other great diving experiences on Koh Tao and if you are doing fun dives you should book with a different company or at least request not to have Andre as your leader: you'll save money and not have a letdown of an experience.

6 Thank Dave M
nic s, Manager at Sairee Cottage Diving, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Firstly thank you for writing your views, it's important for us to know what our divers experiences have been. Secondly our apologies you had a less than perfect dive trip with us. Andre has been a highly interactive Divemaster with all his divers in the past and is a very patient and approachable dive leader, he certainly would not be working for us if he wasn't . We apologise if he wasn't 'on the ball' that day.
We do have a very similar pricing of fun dives to all other schools on the island, dives get cheaper the more you take.
We would like to offer you a free dive trip on any return visit when we will guarantee a first rate service experienced by the many other reviewers. Please feel free to email us to arrange this anytime.