“Excellent massage in a peaceful environment”
Review of Spa Aurori - CLOSED

Spa Aurori
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Aurori has CLOSED. Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control, Spa Aurori's last trading day is Monday 30th January 2017. We thank all our loyal TripAdvisor customers for your support.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

When walking around any Thai town or city you will find no shortage of places offering massage. We went to this place on the basis of a local recommendation. It offers. Good menu of different massages in cool, quiet and very comfortable surroundings. We went twice in the space of one long weekend. The aromatherapy massage on both occasions were excellent. The ladies were very pleasant and worked extremely hard undoing knots created by months of office work. The price at about 18 pounds sterling for 90 minutes means that this is a must for every visit to Koh Tao.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I am a therapist of over 15 years and had a very good experience. Pressure and presence during the massage felt very good. It felt like a beautiful place to work, very clean and professional in every way. Beautiful decor, essential oils smelled natural and pure, shower included if you wish and finished with tea and payment last. For $20 just a little higher than the abundant road side armchair massages but what a difference and therapists are well trained. Just the right amount of pressure!

1  Thank ahamprema
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spa Aurori was spotless and smelled so good, like oils and eucalyptus. One evening I had a Thai massage, lots of stretching and pushing on joints and muscles, and a reflexology foot massage, pushing on key spots with a wooden tool. Both were excellent! My husband had a coconut oil massage that he liked so much that he insisted on going back for the next evening.
I then also had that treatment and loved it. So relaxing after a day of diving and inexpensive also. I highly recommend this spa.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Therapists are awesome, kind, very professional and very friendly. When we left, after 5 days of consecutive treatments we were about to cry :)
If you are looking for a real Thai Massage in Koh Tao, don't look further, this is the place you want.

Matteo and Silvia

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I'll start with my main issue:

My masseuse, while lovely and polite, had long nails. She pushed her fingertips into my skin over and over again as part of the massage which was incredibly painful (not to mention I had pretty bad sunburn - my skin was swollen and reddish purple on upper back. My fault for not using enough sunscreen, but all the more reason she should have cut her nails). It felt like little daggers getting pushed into me and the pain really soured the massage which would have been otherwise pleasant.

I left in a lot of pain from my burned skin being mutilated - and got home to find blood on the back of my shirt!

Other than that - no complaints - would have given it 4 or maybe 5 stars otherwise. But it would be easy for the owner to require the masseuse's nails be cut very short to avoid this. My friend went with me and did not have an issue with her masseuse's nails.

Other points:
- We stopped in a weeknight this week for a massage as walk-ins. I recommend calling and making an appointment as the schedule looks quite full. The woman at the front desk was nice enough to fit us into the schedule to be massaged at the same time.

- Unfamiliar with a Thai massage - we asked for information on it but did not feel that it was well explained. We had gotten a massage in Cambodia (more american-style) which was lovely, and the Thai massage was nothing like it. Nice, but very different and we wished we knew what we were getting into. We did not like laying on a sheet which other people have laid on.

- Upon arrival for our appointment we were ushered into a shower stall with a rock floor and handed some pajama-style clothing. Were we supposed to shower first? Do we leave our bras on? Where do we put our clothes? There was no explanation as to what was going on - so we felt a bit clueless and stupid. The girls maybe did not speak english - it was no big deal mostly just we felt dumb for not knowing the procedure. On the note of the shower - they should provide flip flops (you aren't allowed to wear yours inside) for customers walking on a communal shower floor...

-The massage itself was good, our masseuses were very polite.

- I had a knee injury and was pleased that my masseuse was very very careful not to go near my knee and was EXTREMELY attentive if I winced in pain in any way from being twisted around, etc.

- All in the decor is lovely - the big win is that this place is AIR CONDITIONED and none of the other spas on Sairee are. It is 400 bht/hr instead of the standard 300 - but it is well worth the price difference for an upscale place ($14 instead of $10.50) ...

I would recommend a visit here but check the masseuse's nails before you pay!!

2  Thank 012297