“Worth a visit”

Safety Stop Koh Tao
Ranked #105 of 208 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "Recommended after every Dive" A Koh Tao classic, when you are waiting for a boat to arrive or yours to leave or just want to have a good time.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Maybe it was because it was my first night in Koh Tao, maybe because I had a great chat with the guys from Scuba Planet, maybe it was the imported cider or the relaxed environment... whatever it was I definitely enjoyed my time in this bar, and I plan to stop again.
I did't try the food, but I hear it's not bad at all.
Besides, if you dive, you MUST pass by a bar called Safety Stop!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stopped in a couple of times whilst on Koh Tao. Not somewhere I'd go specifically but was decent enough western food, good fruit shakes and wifi (not the most reliable ever). Didn't try the local food but the western grub was nicely done after a long day diving or walking round the island.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have allergies to eggs, milk and nuts and have been staying at some very nice places which have not been anywhere near and accommodating and kind as the staff at Safety Stop. They got all their food out the fridge to show me the ingredients. Our food was always served with a smile. Would recommend this place because of the quality of service and value for money.

1  Thank Jacob_roche
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Safety Stop provided lunches for us (9 teachers and 56 students) in between dives and other activities for the 4 days that we spent on Koh Tao, and they did an excellent job of producing easy, filing food. They also make a mean Snickers Smoothie.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

A really fun place for a beer after diving. I was completing my Open water course at Planet Scuba (the dive school next door) so easy to get to ! The selection of food covers all tastes but I highly recommend the Peri-Peri chicken, a good sized portion and not expensive. They also make a mean Chicken Cashew nuts dish as well. Owned by Brian (South African) and his wife Amm (Thai), this place really makes you feel at home. If you make it to the bar by 6:30pm you get to see stunning sun sets from the beach at the back of the restaurant.