“Again great diving & service with Calypso”

Calypso Diving - Koh Tao
Book In Advance
$106.01*
and up
Day Trip to Ang Thong Marine National Park and Koh Nang Yuan Including...
$144.56*
Koh Tao Dive Tour Including 2 Dives for Certified Divers
$157.41*
Koh Tao Dive Tour Including 3 Dives for Certified Divers
Ranked #30 of 100 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a relaxed dive centre, located in the quiet and picturesque scenery of Tanote Bay on the east side of Koh Tao. Our experienced English and German speaking team teaches CMAS and SSI courses in small groups, far from all hustle and bustle Our wonderful bay is the perfect place to spend your valuable few weeks of the year, because we don’t have mass diving here. We take our time with and for our customers- not only underwater, which is probably the main reason that 80% of our customers are repeat customers. Have a peek in our guest book and visit us on Facebook. We are looking forward to welcome you! The Calypso Team
Reviewed August 1, 2014

After our diving in 2013 with Calypso we specifically went back this year after our Laos trip.
4 days of diving ourselfes and our 2 children did the bubblemaker. Finally our oldest son did his first scuba experience dive. The team is just great & diving standards are high. Relaxed, no rush, safety 1st and staff is 200% trying to adopt schedule & plan to whatever is possible to fit clients wishes.
Very knowledgeable instructors & good material.
We stayed again at Family Tanote so only 20 meters walk from our bungalow to the diving school. The bay & scenery is gorgeous and this side of the island the sea is most of the time calm with good diving conditions. Many great dive sites. Including the dives to the housereef. No surprise that many dive boats from the other side of the island arrive here in the morning.

3  Thank bjwerkman

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Experienced diving for the first time with this company, very professional friendly staff. We dived all over ko tao and saw all kinds of wonderful fish, I highly recommend diving with Calypso, they were patient and have very good teachers, thanks Alan and Kirk especially for your top notch instruction. :) All the best fellas!

1  Thank DannyPCart
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Sorry for the late review - I have just registered at Tripadvisor.
I made my Rescue Diver course at Calypso last year in July with Florian. Very professional and knowledgeable.
I originally booked the course at the dive center in the neighbouring Montalay Resort, where we stayed. But the Montalay dive center let me down at the last minute and canceled the course on the day before we arrived.
So I had a try at Calypso with Dennis and his team, and they were able to organise the Rescue course for me on short notice. Very flexible and professional, highly recommended.

2  Thank Damnam2014
Reviewed June 10, 2014

来涛岛之前,有相当一段时间非常犹豫。因为之前和爱人去过斯米兰和诗巴丹,对涛岛这个潜水工厂本来是没有多少期待的,担心糟糕的水下环境会非常让人失望。因为也有过英文潜店的经历,同时避开大批的学员,我们选择了这个相对偏僻的小潜店,一共花了五天时间做了十一潜。Calypso是由德国人经营的,主要的员工和客人也是德国人,但英文沟通没有问题。很多员工都在泰国有超过10年的经历,非常专业,设备维护也非常好。因为是淡季,每天出海都只有3,4个客人,潜点主要集中在涛岛的东面,极少有其他潜店光临,我在水下几乎没有看到过其他公司的潜水员。潜点质量也并没有因此打折,反而非常有特点,应该说超出了我的预期。如果水平还可以,潜店门口的Tanote海湾可以自由岸潜,也非常有特色。潜导的水平都非常的高,每个人都特色鲜明, 从提高技术的角度来说,能学到很多东西。价格比涛岛西面的潜店略高,但是体验非常好,完全不同于涛岛大潜店那种水下人看人,下饺子的感觉。在气量足够和符合免减压要求的情况下,潜水时间基本都超过了60分钟,最长的一次潜水时间达到了85分钟,这几乎是很多潜店两瓶气的时间。谢谢Dennis, Marco, Balu, Micheal,你们很棒。

My wife and I spent 5 days diving with Calypso in the quiet Tanote Bay of Koh Tao. I did my homework before I came and I never regret about my choice. Tanote Bay is amazing and Calypso is right in front of the beach. We did some shore dives in Tanote Bay as well as some Boat trips along the east coast of Koh Tao. Most of the time, we were the only divers underwater and the diving spots were quite unique. We had Marco, Balu and Micheal as our dive guides and they were really experienced and professional. We really enjoyed our time.

2  Thank Hao Z
Reviewed May 14, 2014

During our honeymoon we ended up in Tanote Bay by pure incidence and after two relaxing days on the small but beautiful beach we decided to simply walk into the diving school and ask some questions. We were greeted by Dennis, the very friendly owner, and he immediately gave us the feeling of being welcome. The school itself looks like it is well taken care of with the office being tidy, the equipment being in good shape and everything organised in a professional and clean manner, not like most of the other diving schools on the other side of the island in Mae Hat and Sairee. Calypso offers courses in different languages including German with the majority of the staff being German native speakers. We booked a diving starter course (CMAS 1*) for 3,5 days inkluding dives from the shore as well as from the boat and were taken care of by the very experienced and friendly diving instructor Balu and th young, friendly and incredibly patient instructor Laura. Both of them were outstandingly friendly, humorous and although very easy to get along with they nevertheless were very professional especially in regards to safety as well as patience and indepth explanations in all areas. We had a splendid time with them and can only recommend Dennis and his fantastic team!! The dive sites around the area were beautiful and ever exciting and the boat they use was in very good condition with friendly staff on board as well. We hope that we will have the chance to go back to Tanote Bay and, if so, will for sure book our next dives with Dennis and his team. Thumps up, you are just great Calypso!

3  Thank Weltenbummler H