“Great place to dive”

Calypso Diving - Koh Tao
Ranked #29 of 90 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a relaxed dive centre, located in the quiet and picturesque scenery of Tanote Bay on the east side of Koh Tao. Our experienced English and German speaking team teaches CMAS and SSI courses in small groups, far from all hustle and bustle Our wonderful bay is the perfect place to spend your valuable few weeks of the year, because we don’t have mass diving here. We take our time with and for our customers- not only underwater, which is probably the main reason that 80% of our customers are repeat customers. Have a peek in our guest book and visit us on Facebook. We are looking forward to welcome you! The Calypso Team
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place to dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I stumbled upon calypso after chatting to a few fellow travelers- I was looking to do my advanced diving and decided to be a bit more selective and pick a school that would have fewer people so I could get better training and improve my diving. I arrived at Koh Tao with no solid plans to speak of, I rang the school and spoke to Dennis who asked me to make my way there so we could make a plan. First off the view on that side of the island is breathtaking. Then the instructors at the school were very welcoming and the atmosphere of the school is so relaxing and a great place to learn how to dive. I was encouraged not to rush my experience and enjoy the dives and you can tell that they all have a real passion for diving which they just want to share.

Due to smaller numbers you get a more personal experience which made all the difference in increasing my confidence in the water. unfortunately for the weeks I was there the water had become cloudy which restricted visibility in deeper dives...but I had some pretty funny dive instructors (Eduardo and. Perrine ) and they made the experience that much more enjoyable and were flexible to changes.All in all I would highly recommend the school.It is a bit more pricey than the other schools on Sairee but you get a more tailored experience. Remember to carry cash as there are no ATM's on that side of the island..worst case...there is a money exchange at the montalay resort next door . Finally thanks to everyone at calypso??if I am in Thailand again I will definitely be back to tanote bay :))

Visited January 2014

Warsaw, Poland
“My favourite place in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Calypso is the place to go if you are passionate about diving and wish to meet people who share your passion. Balu, Denis, Michael and Nobi are simply the most competent instructors on the island and beyond. If you get to know them better, they will open their hearts and show you things you haven't dreamt about. People never really leave this place, they keep coming back and they can never get enough of Koh Tao diving. Calypso means great company, sharing experience and good vibes. It also means taking seriously safety rules, teaching standards and equipment in it's best shape. It simply is the best German - Thai marriage with it's cheerful and professional Thai staff around taking great care of the customers on the Calypso boat. The bay is mesmerising, far from the crowds and loud music. Great conditions to learn and explore Koh Tao diving even from the beach. Check the massage place next door and jump from the rock if adventure seeker. Thank you so much Calypso for the best time of my life! See you soon!

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What an experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I chose Calypso deliberately because they are situated on the Easyern side of the island which is far quieter. This is a small, but very friendly diving shop who gave me lots of tips on where to stay, the need to bring lots of cash (no ATMs here!) and a very personal diving experience.
I did my PADI Openwater course with the marvellous Eduardo, who impossible not to like, not only because he's so friendly and chilled, but as an instructor he is extremely professional and really knows his stuff. He was also extremely patient when I panicked on one occasion - a must when learning how to dive!! I was fortunate in that I had an instructor to myself. This is highly unlikely if you visit the other schools on the island and frankly this is. really the best way to learn. Dennis, Eduardo and to the rest of the team, thank you for such an amazing diving experience over my five days here. I highly recommend you to divers of all levels and will be back again for sure!

3 Thank NanaPrempeh
Beijing, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We have done our Padi Open Diver with Calypso and where super satisfied with our experience. We had Eduardo as personal diving instructor for my girlfriend and myself and spend 3 absolutely amazing days learning how to dive. We cannot thank him enough for making our time so exciting, fun and joyfull. We felt that we are well taken care of, that the people a relaxed and friendly and that the school is professionally managed. We loved our stay at Tanote Bay and enjoyed our time with Calypso Diving.

1 Thank Will828
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Safe, professional, accomodating and personal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Having not done any diving before, we chose Calypso for our PADI course as we wanted a more personal approach in a less crowdy environment. We were not disappointed. Myself and my girlfriend had Perrine as our instructor (just for us), and she was fantastic. Our experience exceeded our expectations, and I would highly recommend Calypso. We both completed the PADI without trouble, and managed to see some cool sealife too, including a large turtle. Thank you. I would also recommend staying at the Family Resort.

1 Thank Griff J