“From scared of fish to swimming with bull sharks!!”

Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: The #1 rated company on Koh Tao since 2014. We offer high quality PADI dive courses and professional yoga classes, combined with the finest in customer service. We look forward to having you here!
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just completed open water dive course with Will and can't recommend it enough. We were both nervous to start with and one of us scared of fish!!! Will's patience, humour and calming influence got us through and even diving with 5 bull sharks!!! Amazing experience with an excellent instructor. Will hopefully return next year to do the advanced course!! Thanks Kate and Liz!!

1  Thank Emhey
OceanSoundWill, Owner at Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Hey there! Thanks for the great review. Nice to see you make friends with all the fish :) We'll see you next time. Cheers, Will

Write a ReviewReviews (1,718)

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I took my Open Water and Advanced Open Water with Will from Ocean Sound. I feel really lucky to have learned from such a great guy, who has the patience of an angel. Above water and especially under water Will is calm and nothing can throw him off his balance. This rubs of on his students and you get the greatest dives. After the course, my dive buddy said "I learned from the best" and that is exactly how I felt. Thank you for all the great dives, especially with the bull sharks at Sail Rock and the magical night dive at the wreck.

2  Thank idaras
OceanSoundWill, Owner at Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your review. You are right, it was certainly some amazing diving! So nice to meet you and we hope to cross paths again when you return for your liveaboard dive trip. Cheers, Will

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I did my Open Water and Advanced Open Water course will Will North as my instructor. One word, 'excellent'. First off Will is a nice guy. Plus he listens, you can really see that his school teacher experience pays off. Next, you can see that he enjoys his job and love of the ocean. He transmits this to his students. Thanks Will for giving me the 'diving bug'.

Cheers. marc

1  Thank mchasserot
OceanSoundWill, Owner at Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thanks so much for the kind comments. Glad you caught that diving bug! It's a healthy addiction. Hope to see you both again some day. Cheers, Will

Reviewed August 6, 2012

They know what they do, they manage to give you heartwarming experiences, the location is amazing, I would do it again... Ana again and again!

I'll never forget my experience!!

1  Thank Domidom1986
OceanSoundWill, Owner at Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

It was really nice to meet you! We're glad you enjoyed your experience. Merci beaucoup!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We have just spent a number of weeks in Thailand and are very keen beachgoers and watersport enthusiasts. Husband (63) and self (58) had done a few fun dives and thought we would like to get our open water certificate. We are both reasonably fit but were naturally tentative, undertaking such a course at our ages.
Will North encouraged us, even though we were not entirely convinced that this course was suitable for us. Careful guidance allowed us to gain confidence and competency in all components of the course, yet we always felt assured that the highest standards of instruction and safety were never compromised.
My theory was that 'only fish should breathe underwater' and without encouragement I would have quit in the first session.
The efforts and patience of Will are to be commended, showing that he can take on students who require a little additional encouragement. This is truly promoting this sport for EVERYONE, not just the young.

1  Thank Mary P

It was a pleasure helping you through the course. Maybe you can teach me to surf some day?