“Wholesome family environment”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I can honestly say there is no other bar quite like Banyans. Take the family along for an evening that wont be forgotten anytime soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Bartender ripped me off. Accidentally handed her a 1000 baht note and she said no it was 2 x 100 baht notes. Clearly saw the 1000 baht bill in her hand before she put it away. My fault ultimately but she totally took advantage. Also it was happy hour and she charged me full price anyway. Won't be going back and don't recommend. Full of pseudo local Brits with attitudes. You are not special and should treat your customers better.

5  Thank Ed B
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Finding this place was one of the best things that could have happened to me while on Koh Tao. The food is very good (Make sure you experience the Sunday Roast) and the drinks are strong and cheap. The vibe is that of a dive bar but don't say that while you are there. This is the bar that every Westerner that works on Koh Tao drinks at. you will inevitably see familiar faces and the staff is very friendly and welcoming. Jennie made me feel like an old friend within the first 15 min of meeting her. She was full of suggestions and advice for enjoying my time on the island and for that I am very grateful. Did I mention the Sunday Roast? If you are in Koh Tao on Sunday, go get a plate. You will be very happy that you did.

1  Thank ibw10016
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had the Sunday roast here as I was staying close by and it was the best Western meal I had had on this trip! Nice one guys.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The most friendly bar on the island!!! We made this one of our haunts for our stay, we were made to feel like locals! Great service, fantastic food and amazing staff...we even met a member of staff from our home town in East Yorkshire, England. Relaxed, friendly and great food (the toilets need a little work) but it was all good!!! Thank you for making us all feel so welcome, we'll see you again later this year ;)