“A very good divecenter”
Review of Planet Scuba

Planet Scuba
Ranked #48 of 98 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you for Scuba? Come visit our Planet! Let our friendly and experienced team of dive professionals introduce you to a new world of endless and exciting possibilities. Based in Koh Tao Thailand, we are a full service SSI center offering all dive courses and snorkeling trips around Koh Tao. We are also the largest retailer of dive equipment on the island including brands like Mares, Cressi, Atomic Aquatics, Ocean Dynamics, San O Sub and compressors from Aerotechnica Coltri.
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I found planet scuba on tripadvisor and they had all good reviews so i decided to do my open water with them. It was money well spent since i got a very nice and clean room. but the best part of diving with them is the staff, they are really professional and safety is not an issue here.
In fact i ended up doing my advanced open water as well as some fundives.
My instructor Brummie really did an awesome job when a girl in my class was having problem, he must have done 2-3 extra dives with her so she could finish her open water.
If i´m ever in koh tao again i will definetly dive here again :)

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I did my open water and advanced open water PADI at Planet scuba, and it was the best decision I've made whilst traveling. Our instructor Winnie went above and beyond to turn us into confident scuba divers. She was really attentive and made everything easy and fun. We visited a wide range of dive sites around Koh Tao and she made made sure we got to see the best coral and aquatic life around. After meeting other travelers getting their PADI on the island I am convinced Planet Scuba is the best around. They only take groups up to four, whereas others take 8 or more. Accommodations were included and were top notch. It was so good I changed my plans to stay a few extra days and do some fun dives after my certification! There are almost more dive schools than there are tourists on Koh Tao so take it from me; this place is not to be missed.

Brian K, Instructor at Planet Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

hey Amanda.... thank you so munch for the kind word. I had a great time with you and Rebecca. only thing tho, I WANT that compas.. so you better come down here and make me an other hope Rebecca survived her bike trip ha ha or maybe she got picked up by the support truck hope to see both soon all the best winnie

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Atilla is the best! He tought me and my friend very patientely how to dive even we were scared at the beginning! Great experience!!!!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We did the open water diving course and it was one of the best experiences ever, especially with Planet Scuba so if your going to Koh Tao i highly recommend diving and doing it with these guys. They teach you step by step how to become a safe diver and its something you will have for the rest of your life. All the staff there great and willing to help with anything and answer all your questions. Our instructor Scott was just the best we could not of done it without him. He had the patience of a saint for 2 wild irish girls as im sure we were a bit ofa challenge! Questioning at the start if we were able by the end we were totally comfortable in the water and aced our final exam thanks to him. You might be lucky enough to get him as an instructor but if not the rest are just as good and although not an instructor anymore Cooper was a great help to us answering questions and helping with anything we needed as an experienced diver! Not only was it a big learing experience we had so much fun and made some friends for life! So if your going to Koh Tao you have to dive with planet scuba. There a great professional company and by the end of it youll be feeling like a fish yourself out in the big blue.

Brian K, Instructor at Planet Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thanks girls was a pleasure to teach you, you came a long way in such a short time , you are now confident divers . Thats why i love my job and love teaching.
Enjoy your travels and keep in touch .;)

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I had honestly no plans of diving, but my friend talked me into it.. And I don´t regret!!! We took the PADI Open Water Diving Course at Planet Scuba, Koh Tao. We had the best instructor, Heath Stewart, who learned us step by step how to become a safe diver. The course was intense, but we learned a lot from both informative videos, books, underwater skills, training dives and Heath himself! If we had any trouble with the theory, Heath explained patiently until everything was correctly understood. The first sessions in the water, with diving equipment on, took place in the shallows in a bay called Japanese Gardens. It was so nice to have skill-training in the sea, not in a pool like most divingschools does:) I have to say that I was a bit nervous at first, but it didn´t take long before I felt more confident. Heath did a great job teaching us the important basics both over and under water, and made us feel safe and comfortable all the time. 4 days later I was diving at 18 meter deepth, and I couldn´t believe it!! It really was an amazing experience, and I will definitely recommend instructor Heath and Planet Scuba Diving!!

The last day we also had a cameraman and director, Sharky Thomas, following us the whole day, he made a fantastic video from our training-dives!! I really recommend you to do this, it´s a great memory to have, we are so thankful!!! :D

Hello Scuba diver!

Thankyou very much for the feedback on your experience with me at Planet Scuba. I'm really happy you had an amazing time, I must say it was just as much fun for me too. I hope to see you back here soon for the ADVANCED course, I can't wait! Until then, safe travels and take care.

Heath