“One of the best decisions I've ever made.”

Apnea Total - Day Courses
Ranked #44 of 102 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Apnea Total Koh Tao is the headquarters for the network of Freediving schools based around the world, it is an independent organization established in 2003, and the first freediving school in Southeast Asia operating for over 14 yrs. Monica Ganame (Argentina) and Eusebio Saenz de Santamaria (Spain) are the founders, the duo and their team are internationally recognized freedive instructors with vast experience in competitions, training and freediving education. Apnea Total has featured in the countless media publications worldwide that identify the school as the most reputable centre for freedive education and training. Their qualifications include dives deeper than 100 meters and static breath-holds of over 8 minutes. The Apnea Total Team promotes freedive education and safety from beginner to instructor level. To date, over 12,000 students have successfully completed Apnea Total courses. Currently there are schools teaching AT system worldwide.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I gotta say, these guys we're brilliant. I had the intention of doing free diving over the last few months and spotted an opportunity. I was a little hesitant at first but after the first day I was loving the course so much that I just had to do the advanced course, something I really wasn't sure I was gonna do initially. The whole staff are just so chilled and experienced with their work you have nothing about. Moving from each step is taken at a nice easy pace and nothing is ever rushed, no matter what your rate. Free diving is definitely one of the best sports I could have gotten into and it's something I plan to continue in the future. Starting with these guys couldn't be a better choice.

1  Thank Collik
"complete beginner"
"excellent training"
"deep water"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this school"
in 2 reviews
"would love to come back"

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Already after the first day of the beginner course I decided to do the advance course as well! Free diving is one of the most beautiful, exciting, challanging and at the same time safe sport I ever did! You get to know yourself better and everyay you go beyond your own expectations!

Apnea total, the free diving school is great! They made the free diving even more fun cause of their kindness, enthusiasm and passion! As a sport teacher I can say the instructors are really good!

If (or more likely when) I come back to koh tao I will defenitly come back to apnea total to do my master and instructor course! I had an awesome time at apnea total!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I bump in to the place while walking on the beach walk,
as soon as I start talking to one of the instructors I knew this will be amazing,
the personal attention and professional staff together with friendly atmosphere give you the perfect set up to experiences beyond compare.
I did the basic 2 days and then couldn't even think of not doing the advance 3 more days,
this was a life changing experience

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I followed the 2 days beginner course.

When we first came to the shop we had a long chat with Sandrine. Without knowing it, she found the words to reassure my girlfriend who had had a diving accident a few years before. Since then she was too scared to dive again and could barely do some snorkeling.

During the theorical courses we've learnt different breathing techniques and all the things we needed to feel confident with our divings. They told us how our body was going to react and how we had to deal with that. They really gave us the keys we needed to feel relaxed.

Once in the water, we've put in pratice the breathing techniques we had learnt a few hours before. The small group (1-2 people per instructor in our case) was perfect. The instructors didn't try to rush us. We took our time and dived at our own speed. It was all a matter of going to the depth we were confident with. After each dive, we were told what we did well and what we had to improve.

Those guys are passionate, professional and friendly.
Our diving with them was definitely one of the highlight of our trip.

So sad we had already booked our tickets for Bangkok otherwise we would have followed the advanced course with no hesitation.