“Amazing Life Experience!!!”

Apnea Total - Day Courses
Ranked #44 of 100 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Apnea Total Koh Tao is the headquarters for the network of Freediving schools based around the world, it is an independent organization established in 2003, and the first freediving school in Southeast Asia operating for over 14 yrs. Monica Ganame (Argentina) and Eusebio Saenz de Santamaria (Spain) are the founders, the duo and their team are internationally recognized freedive instructors with vast experience in competitions, training and freediving education. Apnea Total has featured in the countless media publications worldwide that identify the school as the most reputable centre for freedive education and training. Their qualifications include dives deeper than 100 meters and static breath-holds of over 8 minutes. The Apnea Total Team promotes freedive education and safety from beginner to instructor level. To date, over 12,000 students have successfully completed Apnea Total courses. Currently there are schools teaching AT system worldwide.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I found Apnea Total while looking for some activities on Koh Tao. I am doing yoga and have read that there are many connections between yoga and freediving, so decided to try it.
For me it was absolutely new fresh experience as I've never tried any kind of diving and have fear of deep water.
On the first day of my Beginner Course I was very nervous, that was a real challenge for me to go underwater. But it went so good thanks to my instructors Stevie, Eusebio and Ben. The guys are professionals with personalities of yoga teachers - always smiling, encouraging, giving challenges and lots of valuable tips, which made my classes feel like one long-lasting meditation:)
Those minutes under water were unforgettable and gave me an opportunity to understand myself, my body and my mind, to experience how it feels when my entire life, wishes and ambitions are left on the surface and I am hanging still in a turquoise space, listening to my heart.
It gave me some feelings to think about.
Thank you guys for that great time I had with you!!! I hope to come back some day.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I just had to leave Koh Tao after my 5 day freediving experience (advanced) and already feel homesick.

Since I love to dive down while snorkling it seemed logical to me to try freediving... To say it in my own words: Apnoetauchen ist der absolute Wahnsinn!! Unglaublich toll!

The Apnea total team is very professional and manages, besides working very serious, to create a family like atmosphere!! After 5 days I was able to dive down to 30m and hold my breath for 4 minutes!! Incredible!! Im still amazed what our body is capable of!!

I can highly recommend the courses with apnea total!! To experience its own calmness in the deep blue ocean is just breath taking (metaphorically spoken).

Thanks again to Cat and the whole apnea total familiy for the wonderful time!!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I did the two-day introduction course a few weeks ago with Apnea Total. It was a real highlight of my trip - the staff are very knowledgeable and professional, and not only great divers but great teachers too. The organisation is flawless, and the shop has a great friendly atmosphere. highly recommended!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

After finding Apnea Total online, I Went to Thailand especially for the 2 day course.
To say the least it exceeded my expectations.
It was so well organised and in a great location!
The course program is well set out covering everything that someone starting out free diving should know. The teachers/ coaches are absolutely fabulous.
Once in the water, it is 3 students to one instructor, making you feel completely comfortable and relaxed.
Tron was my instructor in the water. A Norwegian man. His english was absolutely perfect, his coaching ability beyond excellent.
He really takes the time to understand the student and their ability. And coaches them in a comfortable environment to achieve their best.
He is professional, and confident and has an ability underwater that would inspire anyone.
The amount of time in classroom / water is sufficient. It is well organised with a Ute taking us to the boat, and back to the Apnea Store.
I will HIGHLY recommend this Free-Diving School to my family, friends and colleagues. And would go back.
I am so grateful to my time at Apnea Total. FANTASTIC!! 10/10 school.
Please take the time to check it out for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

4  Thank AfricanLani
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Now, after making the beginner course, I can dive easily 10m, and with some efforts down to 18m. During snorkeling it is great to just dive down, say hello to the slow moving divers, swim around them, watch the fish and corals and after a while go up again.

Verdict: Very good teachers, great addicting sport.