“Great hotel with friendly staff.”

Lotus Paradise Resort
Ranked #58 of 79 Koh Tao B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Moved into this hotel for the remainder of our stay in koh Tao.
Excellent beds, great rooms and most of all the staff of lotus paradise are extremely friendly and always welcoming.
Will defiantly stay here again the next time I'm on koh Tao.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Tim P

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Wow what can I say bout this place. We skimmed reviews before going to koh Tao but decided to just wait till we got there to see for ourselves. Got a taxi to satire beach to have a look. Unfortunately me and the bf were shattered and needed to sleep. We were spotted by the owner who said the bungalows were 500thb thought we'd give it a go as we just wanted to crash.
When we first went in it didn't seem to bad basic as expected but otherwise ok. Then we saw the bathroom if you can call it that!! We shared it with several thousand ants and hundreds of mossies. There was a massive gap between the step into the bathroom and the bathroom were anyone could get in and look.
The bar went on all night not so bad for me as I can sleep through anything but not so good if your a light sleeper.
Decided we couldn't stay more than two nights and left for our own sanity.
If I could give one bit of advice is look around there's better places than this!!!

Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank deana c
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Do not stay here!!!!

Bungalow had holes, it was very very hot. The mosquito screens were broken and the shower spat water. To top all this off a night club next door played music extremely loud until 6am! Awful place!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Genphil
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Loved Koh Tao from first view...The thailand island i had been searching for. No fee to enter island...awesome. Lotus resort was suppose to collect us from ferry but didnt..I phoned 3 times and each time they just hung up..mmm nice.. So took a taxi at own expense. Bungalow was cute and clean and not far from beach..Thought awesome.. We had booked for a week. However after 3 days..had no water to shower or flush loo. mmmm.. Went and asked them said it comes on at night..a trickle ..cold water only i might add..that got my hair wet enough to put shampoo in and then died. Kids had to bring me bottle water to wash rest out.. at 900thb per night expected a little more...Staff didnt give a damn...Thaibungalows.com ...again..said air con..telly..safe...yeh right....total bull..did have dodgy aircon though and a door that kinda closed..Music went on from 6pm - 6am booming through the room...and prostitute deals were practically made outside our room..seemed to be shag corner. Asked why there was no water and was given a loo roll instead lol

Room Tip: none..not good value for money...worth heading one street further away from beach
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2012

THE LOTUS RESORT is a large and busy resort right in the hub of Sairee beach.I arrived without a room and met staff hustling passers by for accomodation.I was taken to reception and was offered a bungalow 100mtrs from the beach for 600,incl a/c toilet/shower.The room was a bit jaded and the plumbing needing attention.For what i paid it was good value and set me up nicely for the next days dive/room hunting.The staff were polite+helpful.The next morning i moved to Bans dive resort where i paid nearly twice the price(200 bt discount per nt for each dive) LOTUS are building a huge new pool.So lets hope they spend some of their budget on modernising the rooms.then more boxes would get positive ticks

Room Tip: LOTUS have a selection of different types of rooms/accomodation.Do hustle the pricde as they are ver...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank peter c
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Staying in a "mountain view" room which is actually the Thai ghetto. It's currently 2315 and the locals are doing karaoke right outside. We got a non air room and it was cheap to book but we've found much better prices with much more on the walk here. Luckily we booked through a company that let us do one night which they weren't happy about when we checked in. Three times today the water has been out in the whole building. A basic room is basic, no top sheet, a filthy bottom sheet, no drinking water no running water and so loud. This is the worst place we've stayed in all of Thailand. Don't waste your time there are a ton of much better hotels that you won't find online.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Sdblue
Reviewed January 14, 2012

3 lone female travellers (including myself) arrived at the resort, and were quicky accomodated in a room with a single and double bed for 700 baht. No problem there - the room was adequate and clean, and what you come to expect.
The following day, one of the group left, and the other didn't know what she was doing, but I decided to stay on, so secured a twin room with an outside loo / shower for 300 baht. This is where the problems started. The other girl and myself went on a fantastic snorkel tour at 8am. She had tried to get into my room the night before,but as I was not around, they (quite rightly) didn't let her into my room. She had another single room, but wasn't staying the following night. She handed her key in before we left to snorkel as she was checking out. That evening when she asked for her passport, they kicked up a fuss, because they hadn't understood she was departing that evening. They tried to charge her for that night, but finally gave up. They were subsequently rude to me, and charged me more than they should have for the internet, and then lost some washing. When I went to collect it, they said it wasn't ready, despite having seen it! Checking out the next morning, they handed it to me only moments before I was due to depart, so I quickly checked to find there was some missing. They had no intention of telling me about it, and told me it had been stolen. It wasn't the end of the world, but they weren't going to do anything about it. Finally they suggested I replace ONE of the missing skirts (denying the other 2 and a pair of shorts) in the shop next door. Not seeing one I liked, I replaced it with a bikini, but left with a rather bad taste in my mouth.

Room Tip: Very good value, shame about the staff.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo